Gothic 3 The fifth temple and a few other questions..

milamber

Watcher
Okay,

I'm now almost done with all cities everywhere (except Ishtar).
I read that the book Cronicles of Dominance has some lead on where to find the fifth Temple but i dont remember what that thing said as i read it about 8 months ago. I realise it must be important for the main plot as well and it must have something to do with siding with Adanos because i cant think of any other way to side with Adanos. I've been to the king and to Xardas. Now i have the option to either destroy the artifacts of Adanos or become the chosen of Innos.
tbh i dont fancy either of the two versions. I read tho that after you side with Adanos you can learn Time bubble and open locks from Saturas.

So How can i find the fifth temple?

You probably wont need to. If you have all the artefacts you dont need to visit any more temples. The chronicles of dominance (thats the book in the basement of the fire monastery, right?) doesnt point you towards a temple per se, but towards another kind of holy place where the fifth artefact is found. All the actual temples are on a map you get from the orc shaman in Geldern (? the town with lots of stone tablets and orc shamans)

There is a third option, namely siding with Beliar. I would assume it requires you to enter Ishtar peacefully.

All three end game paths open up extra spells (at the shrines for Beliar/Innos and druids/water mages for Adanos) and sometimes skills (the paladin skill for innos comes to mind). You can look at you character screen and guess which ones (the "schools" of most skills and spells are quite obvious). When it comes to spells I'd recommend that you pick up the useful opposing spells before choosing sides, as opposing shrines will be closed to you after picking a side. I'd for instance recommend taking both the healing spells (heal other can help against one particular boss) if you intend to side with Adanos or Beliar...

So how can i side with Adanos? I dont suppose destroying his artifacts will be a good thing to do on that :p.
Before going in the temple where the robe of adanos is Saturas told me that he'd say more about Adanos after i find the robe but there is no dialog option. He just said "gratz on finding the robe" or something like that.
When i say i have all artifacts i meant all 4 of them, not the fifth one.

Could it be that i need to find all the objects in the ruins? (Urn of undead, scrolls of scholars, tankards of healers etc? i think i'm only missing 1 tablet of the priests i have all the others)

Edit: Nope, that's not it i found it after all....

From what i gather, siding with Adanos is done by destroying his artifacts on the furnace (weirdly enough). I dont know though if Saturas will be okay with that, we'll see.

Last edited:
In Gothic 2, the whole Adanos aspect was added in the add-on, Night of the Raven. I suspect something similar was planned for G3, as the current endings are: Innos, Beliar and Xardas. Xardas is sort of Adanos-ish in his ending, but not entirely. My guess is, the rangers and water mages were to play a larger role in the add-on somehow.

In Gothic 2, the whole Adanos aspect was added in the add-on, Night of the Raven. I suspect something similar was planned for G3, as the current endings are: Innos, Beliar and Xardas. Xardas is sort of Adanos-ish in his ending, but not entirely. My guess is, the rangers and water mages were to play a larger role in the add-on somehow.

Which is really annoying as far as I'm concerned. I know they want revenue from the game so they got it out as soon as they could. I would have preferred they finished everything before putting it out. Felt the same way with gothic 2 especially since addon made the game harder. I guess I should say balanced. (grumble, grumble)

Everyone makes add-on plans, especially for RPGs. When you already have the mechanics, the graphics engine, the tools, everything, making an add-on is rather simple, so it's a good way of making some extra cash. I prefer add-ons to be planned already during the making of the original game, instead of afterwards when they just want to make a little extra - rushed add-ons very often don't add anything.

For example, I feel the NWN2 add-on sounds great; they started planning it (even working on it) several months before the release of NWN2.

Back
Top Bottom