The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

The Event is being held in the Delera's tomb area, which has it's entrance in House Jorasco. You can use your map, and hover your mouse cursor over the various icons to see what they are; yellow star looking things are gates to other areas.

And Kobold Shamans are deadly to an unprepared character; when you hit level 4 I recommend taking the spell Resist Energy, as it is one of the most useful buffs you can ever hope to have in DDO; you will use it at level 20 in the toughest epic raids.

In a level you may be able to catch Ijii the Warchanter Bard for a run or two; she's been somewhat dormant lately, but on my Thursday's I usually play quite a bit. Catch me on, and I'll be glad to lend a hand, or in her case, Greataxe.

CM that's exactly what happened to Mirys and her original Maenya's Fist. It doesn't have to be a huge lag event like what Dte and you encountered either; be wary about moving stuff around into the bank! I always use the guildship's bank, as it seems to be less laggy than other areas, though the House K bank is usually deserted as well. Reaver's Refuge's bank should be a bit better as well.

I always get Ransacked bonus which is is a 15% increase to your experience and is pretty easy to get. Also if you have a hard time getting stuff off of the ground you can use the keyboard to get the items by pushing q to select the item and whatever your interact key is. (mine is u but I have read that e is the default)

PS. Just go to the Jorasco Enclave from either the ship (preferred) or the Marketplace. If you go from the ship you will be right next to the gate to Delara's Graveyard.

One of the best pieces of armor is the bracers you get on Korthos for the Cannith crystal protect quest. Get the Spear block reward and those Kobolds become less of a worry.

I lost the items while on the ship. This was not a lag but total game lock and finally crash out. Then it would not let me log back in. Result, no pearls anywhere...thank goodness they were just the 2 verdants and not the gold ones.

We had a total server crash yesterday. Peter and I were 8/10 through one of the vale quests with a pug and they rolled the server back at least 30 min if not more. Needless to say that went over well. But I did get Kerriabaka flagged for shroud finally.

Going to be on this pm hopefully to get the monk flagged if possible. And will try to play most of Thursday as well. Then maybe I can run my lowbies a few times. I swear RL keeps getting in my way lately. :)

Alrik, you do realise that you get bonuses to XP for smashing things don't you!!

Err, yes, I do. It's called an "explorer bonus".

Edit : I've had had "server hiccups" myself, but I never considered them to be too great .. A few times this weeksend (or was it monday ?), however, I couldn't log in a few times at all.

I was playing a bit yesterday using my favored soul and paladin. So I might have met you. I upgraded the strength shrine to +2 at the ship because we got to guild level 49. Now it's only 1 more level until we chance to a new ship. :)

My toons are:
Peters (Peter Stauffenberg): Level 18 paladin (30k from level 19)
Peterp (Peter Policus): Level 19 favored soul
KarlPeter (Karl Peter Aspenstein): Level 20 paladin
RolfPeter (Rolf Peter Manstein): Level 20 cleric

I did 4 Shroud runs yesterday farming for ingredients. I now only need 2 large arrowheads and 3 sulfur stones before I have my tier 3 mineral II Khopesh. :)

PS: My real name is NOT Peter. I just use it as a nick to my toons so everybody would know that this toon is me. It's the same with CM starting her toon names with Kerria and Jo starting her toon names with She

Yep, we've learned a few things about Peter over the years.

First off, somebody over there is named OhShit, because Peter talks to them all thru every session.

Second, we're pretty sure that Peter was named after a Star Wars character:
Go Solo

:D

LOL :lol:

Today I entered the graveyard … Witnessing a feew fights, actually helping in one, but also noticing that all of the Undeads and Zombies preferred to mark themselves not to be beatable by me ! Ha ! They smell my power !
I was astonished : This was odd. Zombies etc. DID appear there - but I couldn't do any damage to them ! They just weren't marked as enemies ! And then they just disappeared … Well, at least I can say that I've talked to Jack "Brains" O'Latern ;) and his monions.
I guess this was because my character is still not evel 4.

Meanwhile doing a quest to get more experience points, the server disconnected. And I was so short before the end !
Tried something different instead later.
I also visited the Cereluean (?) Hills - that was a nice adventure ! - BUt also with quite a lot of creatures and ebnemies I hadn't known about before … Like so-called "fiendish lions" … And I helped a farmer out to get is farm rid of Orcs …

Now I'm going to sleep, it's 23:00 local time. Good night.

Cerulean Hills is great for low level chars. Not too tough and plenty of quick XP with 2 side quests as well. There are many other wilderness/quest areas in the game to enjoy and they increase in difficulty though several have to be bought. Most are well worth the cost.

It is odd that you couldn't attack the zombies since they are level 2 and I don't think there is a level requirement to do the event.

Yeah, I found it odd as well.

They just dug themselves out of the earth, waggled aropund a bit, then suddenly, as if they became aware of m character's presence, sudenly became kind of still, then later when I went away they got this white sign over their heads and just disappeared.

By the way, I found a real bug : The "crafting tutorial" (I did it for the very first time !) has as requirements for the ... fire essences to be bund on shards (I really mean within the tutorial !) a requirement of 4 fire essences - but the tutorial character (a warforged who stands directly in the entrance of the Crafting Hall - sorry, but my in-game texts are all in German, and I try to translate them here) only gave me 3 ! This is also what the tutorial dialog with this warforged says : That he gives me 3 essences. Or that the tutorial item he gave me contains only 3 essences. But the crafting machine's requirement for binding them on shards says "4".

They just dug themselves out of the earth, waggled aropund a bit, then suddenly, as if they became aware of m character's presence, sudenly became kind of still, then later when I went away they got this white sign over their heads and just disappeared.
The technical term for that is that the monsters "poofed". What that means is that they reached the maximum of their roaming distance. When that happens, the monsters get a white "stop sign" over their heads and they return to their starting position. Once monsters poof, they become invulnerable until they get back to their starting position (either by walking there or teleporting there) and they get all their HP back once they reset.
By the way, I found a real bug : The "crafting tutorial" (I did it for the very first time !) has as requirements for the … fire essences to be bund on shards (I really mean within the tutorial !) a requirement of 4 fire essences - but the tutorial character (a warforged who stands directly in the entrance of the Crafting Hall - sorry, but my in-game texts are all in German, and I try to translate them here) only gave me 3 ! This is also what the tutorial dialog with this warforged says : That he gives me 3 essences. Or that the tutorial item he gave me contains only 3 essences. But the crafting machine's requirement for binding them on shards says "4".
Are you sure you went to the BOUND crafting machine? Creating UNBOUND shards takes more essences (and more skill). Check the sign above each alcove to be sure you're using the right machine.

Well I totally missed playing last pm as grandson had a big homework assignment to type and finish last pm. Have an appt in 30 min but when I get back I plan an all evening session so if anyone wants to jump in, going to work on my Orc and Monk as much as possible. RL is really kicking me this week, what is up with that. I need to hermit in my pc not have stuff to do. :lol:

I will be there with my favored soul farming for chipmunk funks or whatever we want to do. Then you have healer help. Will get a paladin hireling so we have all

Will be there later to run some lowbie stuff like Red Fens or VoN. See you then.

The technical term for that is that the monsters "poofed". What that means is that they reached the maximum of their roaming distance. When that happens, the monsters get a white "stop sign" over their heads and they return to their starting position. Once monsters poof, they become invulnerable until they get back to their starting position (either by walking there or teleporting there) and they get all their HP back once they reset.

Yes, but they were doing so "at my feet", so to say !

Are you sure you went to the BOUND crafting machine? Creating UNBOUND shards takes more essences (and more skill). Check the sign above each alcove to be sure you're using the right machine.

Had this thought today, too. I must check it again, but I'm pretty sure it was the "bound" sign.

Actually the undead for the Mabar event spawn based on the levels of the people around and stay for a little while and then disappear (go poof) if they don't get killed.

... Another thing learned ...

It dawned on me, that the raid we can easily run as a guild is the Chronoscope raid, found in the Devil Assault pack. This is a level 6 raid on normal, though very difficult at level, featuring devils, more devils, and yes even more devils. It serves as a precursor to the Vale, Vision of Destruction, and Tower of Despair.

I've ran this several times, and there is some very nice loot there. Such as the Charged gauntlets, which add a chunk of electrical damage on some hits. That can actually find use even at cap, as it's something like 50-70 points of damage.

Those of us with the pack can buy the others guest passes. The high levels can handle the bulk of the load, so the low levels can relax and enjoy a fun raid environment. I know it well enough to lead it I believe.

Back
Top Bottom