Spellbound to Develop Gothic 4: Genesis!

It sure is an intresting dev-choise and I'm eager but to see their vision of gothic and a new patch is more than welcome. The split was a sad thing, but maybe this way we'll get two good rpgs.

This press release is borderline comedy! There's more typos in those few lines than in the whole Gothic3 surce code. And that means something!

I just hope Jowood will stay out f this as much as possible. Withut too much outside interference Spellbound might pull it off.

Sounds like a prequel... I will keep my eyes on it and my fingers crossed.

This press release is borderline comedy! There's more typos in those few lines than in the whole Gothic3 surce code. And that means something!

I just hope Jowood will stay out f this as much as possible. Withut too much outside interference Spellbound might pull it off.

Reading my post again, I guess I should join the Jowod PR team...

Isn't it typical Janus? You try to comment someones' typos and you end up doing the same yourself. Aaah, the sweet irony in life. :D

A prequel? that seems interesting, but than will you still play the nameless hero, before the resurection of the barrier, or will you play in the barrier? or a whole new land? and if so Where?
I will definitely keep my eye on G4 and the new PB game

I hope this means that we will get as good a Gothic 4 game as the previous 3 ones.
Jowood seems to have found a worthy successor to Piranha Bytes in Spellbound Games, it seems.

It will be interesting to follow development of this game, indeed :)

Isn't it typical Janus? You try to comment someones' typos and you end up doing the same yourself. Aaah, the sweet irony in life. :D

That is why it is never good form to play grammer police, because of that whole 'what goes around' thing.

It's grammar where I come from.

A prequel? that seems interesting, but than will you still play the nameless hero, before the resurection of the barrier, or will you play in the barrier? or a whole new land? and if so Where?
I will definitely keep my eye on G4 and the new PB game

Jochen Hamma of Spellbound said that the title of the game should not be interpreted as it being a prequel to the previous Gothic games :) . Which doesn't mean that it isn't a prequel, of course. They could just be saying that to keep it a secret for a little while longer.

TDE strikes back!

You know what?
Think of that:

1.) dtp/Anaconda reviving the TDE universe for the PC with "Drakensang" soon.

2.) With dtp also signing Larian Studios and their "Divinity 2", the former co-developer of the official NLT-successor gets closer back to the TDE-universe than they had ever thought (or feared ;) - remember "LMK"! :evilgrin: ) including former "Shadows over Riva" graphics artist Marian.

3.) Spellbound winning the Gothic-Series for the next and fourth installement will put Jochen Hamma behind the steering wheel of the other big German RPG franchise after he had been already involved in all three titles of the first one, the "Northland"-Trilogy, for "Riva" even as Executive Producer back then. There might be also more former "Attics" in the team, who knows. :)

After all it looks as if the next wave of German RPGs will ride high on good old NLT legacy, which had for long been presumed dead.

One could also put this more poetically by adapting a well known popular phrase:
"The (TDE) Force is strong within the (German RPG) family."
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Ragon, the TDE Mage

P.S.: 1.) and 2.) - what an in-house competition! *LOL*

Well put, Ragon. :D

All your base are belong to us ! :biggrin:

Oh, I just have to post the link Alrik, it's your fault!! :)

This one is very clever too!!

Last edited:
Gothic shouldn't change the developer but the publisher.

Back
Top Bottom