Zaharia - A Fantasy World Driven RPG

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Inner Void Interactive has sent news the kickstarter for thier RPG inspired by Middle Eastern, and Asian cultures is now live. Here is the usual video, and some details.

Zaharia is an RPG with an oriental and middle eastern flavored setting, inspired by Middle East cultures charm and made with care to be original but, at the same time, plausible and convincing.The player will be able to create his own character and use him freely, writing his own story in the world of Zaharia without neither compromises nor constraints.

While exploring the game’s world, the player will discover its centuries-old history, and will come in contact with a world radically different from the ones inspired to European Middle-Age.

Despite the freedom given to the player, the game will have a strong narrative part, and any single character and quest will be made with great care to be settled into a complex, evolving and living world.

Then the player will create his/her own character and live uncountable adventures across the world of Zaharia,without forgoing his/her conceptual freedom to make any kind of choices, both inside and outside dialogues. All choices will have a more or less effective impact that will make the game evolve consequently.

• Isometric 3D graphic;
  • Turn-based battles based on our original rules’ system;
  • Narrative and Interpretative non-linearity, allowing the player not only to choose which quest to follow, but also to make choices and solve problems in many different ways;
  • A free-roaming world, Fallout style;
  • A large number of skills and stats to manage, in order to customize your own virtual alter-ego in every small detail;
  • An original setting created from scratch, inspired to late medieval Persia and Arabia, and completely different from the classic fantasy settings;
  • Development of mature themes: slavery, sexuality, racism, theology, philosophy, morality, politics and so on;
  • Five main factions to choose from, each of them deeply characterized and different from the others;
  • Innovative magic system, making mages something more than portable siege weapons
Now after reading all that that and your still not interested the developers have a early prototype for everyone to try. Not many games do so this is a nice surprise.
Zaharia prototype

On the occasion of Kickstarter, we developed a little prototype with some alpha features. The prototype has a stand alone story with different endings, according to the choices of the player. This prototype is not representative of the final product, click here to discover how it will evolve during the development.

Note that Mac and Linux prototypes may be unstable, due to the lack of testers, but we’ll work during the Kickstarter campaign in order to fix their problems.
More information.

Last edited:
Backed. I just hope they can reach their goal. I think being in non-US currency has been a hinderance for some Kickstarters in the past (since you can't pay through Amazon), although Kingdom Come doesn't seem to be having that issue.

Last edited:
Backed as well but I fear this will struggle to hit the goal too. Euros has been an issue in the past and I'm somewhat worried about the lack of pre-Kickstarter buzz but there's always a chance to fix that.

I hope the game gets funded. :'(

The developer allowed a few people to test out an early build of the game and the feedback was very good. They should offer it as a demo to get more backers..

I hope the game gets funded. :'(

The developer allowed a few people to test out an early build of the game and the feedback was very good. They should offer it as a demo to get more backers..

It seems that if you go to their website and go under "KS prototype" you can download an alpha demo.

It seems that if you go to their website and go under "KS prototype" you can download an alpha demo.
Thanks daveyd I must have overlooked that. I'm going to go try it out.

Probably a good thing to add towards the top of the Kickstarter page if it isn't there already. I would expect a solid demo would help get the word around.

Edit: Never mind it already is. Hope that generates some word of mouth.

Probably a good thing to add towards the top of the Kickstarter page if it isn't there already. I would expect a solid demo would help get the word around.

Edit: Never mind it already is. Hope that generates some word of mouth.
I just added it thanks for the suggestion greywolf00.;)

I just sent a message to Brian Fargo on twitter about this game, since he was just asking for some recommendations a couple days ago. Hope he backs this and gives it some exposure!

The setting Isn't very appealing to me but the way they are putting everything into place is. Reminds me a lot of expeditions conquistador.
Backed and I hope they'll reach their goal, won't be easy.

There are a lot of concepts I like in this project, so I backed. Really hope they get funded.

Backed.

A middle eastern setting fantasy rpg is exactly what I've been wanting.

They're gonna need a lot of word of mouth and hopefully mention by a major site or two though.

Let's see the project...
Blah blah blah, some interesting setting, blah blah blah…

•Development of mature themes: slavery, sexuality, racism, theology, philosophy, morality, politics and so on;

A DRMfree RPG probably not politically correct? £8.00 early bird?

Instapledge.

Thank you guys for your support!

Original ideas, beautiful artwork, good combat animations and turn-based is a huge plus! The lighting needs to be adjusted, characters seem almost unlit / too dark. Need more light for the environment too. Hope they make it!

It looks interesting, but the fact that they say nothing about the religious context leaves me a little dubious.

Back
Top Bottom