Dungeons of Dredmor - Update

Dhruin

SasqWatch
The humorous graphical roguelike Dungeons of Dredmor is due this month, so I thought I'd post their latest update:
We’ve finished Dredmor 0.94, and are busy trying to figure out what we need to fix for Dredmor 0.94.1 (a handful of minor bugs that weren’t worth stopping the build today for) and 0.95 (???) Based on where we are right now – the start of the game is looking good and polished, but the end game and middle game is still in need of work. We’re looking at how to address that with 0.95, but here’s where it gets encouraging: most of what is left in the TODO for the game – the entire game! – is scripting and content creation. Not much code appears to be needed from me, which leaves me relegated to bug fixes, little pieces of polish, and of course tackling some of the last few little design issues. I’m sure that my bugtracker will fill up again, but it’s very nice having only seven code issues sitting between me and shipping.
More information.

I'm curious about the level of depth of the content. The game would likely be targeted at a greater mass audience compared to traditional ascii roguelikes. Will certainly be one to keep an eye on.

This one shows more promise than Epic Dungeon. I bought that one and while it was fun on the xbox for a day or so the lack of variety killed any replay value.

This one looks like a more traditional type of rogue or at the very least a more complex one than Epic Dungeon.

For one i would be glad to get into beta testing of that

This one shows more promise than Epic Dungeon. I bought that one and while it was fun on the xbox for a day or so the lack of variety killed any replay value.

What's funny with this sentence is that it tells us nothing about the play value.

Ever play a Roguelike, Dasale? It's all about replaying the game over and over again to get farther and farther into the game. You will die many times and have to start over from the beginning before you start to figure out what is going on.

In Epic Dungeon there is nothing to figure out. It's too simple.

Back
Top Bottom