Demonicon - New Dark Eye Title Unveiled

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Avantenor writes that a website has been launched for The Dark Eye: Demonicon, a new entry into the Das Schwarze Auge CRPG milieu. He explains that the DSA license isn't exclusive (like D&D, for example) and Demonicon has no relationship with Drakensang other than the license. In fact, this one is being developed by Silver Style (The Fall), now part of The Games Company.
The site describes it as an action/RPG (no direct quotes because of the Flash), although we're told Silver Style compare it to NWN2 with a more dynamic combat system. Head over for a story synopsis, concept art, short feature list and (German) forums.
More information.

Methinks we had some of these details a few months ago. I'm not sure though.

Yes, you had an announcement that TGC secured the TDE license. That must have been during this year's GC in Leipzig. This is the first lifesign from this titel.

€dith: One source for the NWN2 comparison could be found for example in a Q&A on the official forums.

http://community.demonicon.de/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=3

Last edited:
Not sure that is a good news since The Fall contains so many bugs (inventory, quest, engine, ...).
I hope they fired the dev team or hired a very good QA team

I just wonder why it isn't "Daemonicon". Maybe because a novel with that title already exists ?

Plus, the name relating to "demons" sounds very much like a Blizzard title ... I'd say this is intentional.
As a sign towards a certain group of customers/buyers/players.

I just wonder why it isn't "Daemonicon". Maybe because a novel with that title already exists ?
Well I guess it's the same reason that brought us Drakensang instead of Drachensang, German marketing people seem to love English "because English sounds international and official". Just look what those German marketing guys called cell phones...
Plus, the name relating to "demons" sounds very much like a Blizzard title ... I'd say this is intentional.
As a sign towards a certain group of customers/buyers/players.
Nah, this is to counter all those people who seem to believe that the setting of The Dark Eye is nothing but fairtaleland, it never was, it only seem so because there are very few publications exploring the dark/evil parts of it. afaik there is nothing official that allows the player to be an evil character. The title is okay considering it's setting is Dark Lands and it's the title of one of the first books of demon invocation introduced into TDE lore.

Just look what those German marketing guys called cell phones...

Well, rumor says this word wasn't any "marketing invention", but came straight from "people's mouth", so to say.

But no-one will ever know for sure ...

The magazine of Gamestar, issue 3/2009 is said to contain new screenshots, I just read.

Back
Top Bottom