Arcania - E3 Hands-On @ GameStar

BTW, since we've drifted away from Arcania to Risen anyway, Deep Silver has confirmed that a Risen GOTY edition is going to come out in Germany (international release unknown and unconfirmed).
The box is going to include Risen (unpatched PC version), the bonus DVD from the PC collector's edition and... Gothic 3.
There's no new Risen content in the Game of the Year edition. It's just a re-release with some goodies plus Gothic 3.

Naturally the inclusion of Gothic 3 immediately spurred rumors of RPB 2 being Gothic 5 instead of it being Risen 2 but the Deep Silver community rep (Pixel) explained that they only included Gothic 3 in the GOTY pack to grant people an insight into the Gothic universe which as we all know is very reminiscent of Risen (or vice versa) thanks to PB's unique style.

I hope they put a note directing new customers to download the newest fan patch for G3

Considering that Gothic 3 steam version is already patched up to 1.6, I wouldn't be surprised if the version present in Risen GOTY is already patched.

Considering that Gothic 3 steam version is already patched up to 1.6, I wouldn't be surprised if the version present in Risen GOTY is already patched.

Yes, 1.6 is the latest official version from JoWooD and the CPT. The versions after 1.6 are "mere" community patches that are not officially supported.
I don't think Deep Silver would be crazy enough to ever sell an unpatched version of Gothic 3 again :) ... so yeah it is an extremely safe bet that the version sold in the bundle is going to be Gothic 3 v1.6.

Needs more lizardmen, *obviously* ;-P

seems everyone likes to swing phallic shaped objects and use gay magic .

A (sports) car is also a long, moveable, phallic object. ;)

Why you all stuck on my phallic comment?

Point is that an archer can not go against monsters with big sticks and cares very little about the use of magic, agility , speed and TES speaking acrobatics are crucial to survive so you have to sneak around and plan your steps , where to hide , where to run , where to jump , how to avoid becoming dinner.

The dungeon in the video has very little space to move , no landmarks you can use to jump on and get out of the monster's reach and you need to "learn how to sneak" ; although the arrow damage looks okayish (3 arrows / skelly ) the ceiling is too low and the reticle doesn't help at all , i also have the feeling that the arrows will only fly like 20 meters maximum ala Gothics and there will be no option to shoot arrows while sneaking.

Since running backwards & firing has no depth (needs no careful planning and execution of moves and there are no surroundings you can utilise to make up a strategy) this game is not for people who love to play archers.

Back
Top Bottom