Are the mods from moddb integrated into unnoficial patch?

O

ortucis

I first bought the Gamergate version and later the russian version (after reading about missin sfx in old Precursor forums).

Anyways, I installed the 1.4 patch on Russian version and the game works fine and the opening cinematic has english voices. So that means all the addons and mods on moddb page are already integrated in the 1.4 patch or do I need to download them just in-case?

Nice job patching this game though. I actually was enjoying it before but the stuttering in Gamersgate version made me uninstall the game. When is the new patch coming? :D

BTW, the credits are not translated. I like knowing who worked on the game but I guess that is uninmportant at the moment. Would love to see some guide on advance visual tweaks or if possible, tweaks added into in-game video menu in next patch.

So that means all the addons and mods on moddb page are already integrated in the 1.4 patch or do I need to download them just in-case?

I think the grain mod and the ATI 4000 fix are not included, but the others are.

When is the new patch coming? :D

No idea. May be soon though...

BTW, the credits are not translated.

I never noticed and I don't know where they are kept. I think it would be impossible to translate names correctly anyway.

Well, I was getting stuttering before unofficial patch but after it, I am getting ridiculous slowdowns turning the game into slideshow almost everywhere.

I don't know whether to go back to gamergate version or not now, since the ini tweaks don't do anything anyway.

Well, I was getting stuttering before unofficial patch but after it, I am getting ridiculous slowdowns turning the game into slideshow almost everywhere.

The UP changes text mostly, so I wouldn't know how it can slow down the game. Did you install the flicker fix too? That will affect the graphics settings...

Didn't install the fix, I am on nVidia card and don't have such problem.

I reduced the draw distance and LOD and the game smoothed out a bit. Sitting the game to run on one core (dual core) helps a bit by not turning it into a complete slideshow but it is still painfully unplayable most of the time.

Sitting the game to run on one core (dual core) helps a bit by not turning it into a complete slideshow but it is still painfully unplayable most of the time.

What CPU are you using? These are pretty CPU intensive games I've found, particularly precursors which I couldn't play because of the strange mouse acceleration using a core2 duo, but which disappeared when I upgraded to an i5.

What CPU are you using? These are pretty CPU intensive games I've found, particularly precursors which I couldn't play because of the strange mouse acceleration using a core2 duo, but which disappeared when I upgraded to an i5.

I am using Athlon X2 (dualcore) and have played Crysis 2, Crysis 1 and even Arma 2 pretty much maxed out on this machine.

But it is possible that my old CPU is the problem since the other CPU intensive game, GTA4, gave me the same issue. My guess is the AI used for the NPC's but that doesn't really explain why Precursors runs lag-free when I am inside the city (desert level) with so many people walking around but starts to lag like hell when I am out in the desert visiting a small village with 5 people standing around.

Something else must be the issue (not to mention Boiling Point ran just fine for me on same system back then).

Back
Top Bottom