Eschalon: Book 1 - French Language Review @ L'Ombre du Z

magerette

Hedgewitch
Basilisk Games has posted a link to this French review of Eschalon: Book 1 and for those who speak that language it looks like it's well worth a read. I can just about translate the title with my shooldays' French, ("Of Goblins and Men,") but I think its safe to say its positive, with the final score four Z's, which apparently equates in English to : "Come Get Some! "
More information.

Hi Mage.

Just read it.
It doesn't say anything that hasn't been said before here.
It's the same basic thing : This game rocks!

Thanks, Horned One. I could kind of read bits of it--got that he brought up the fact that gameplay>graphics and so forth. I thought the site itself was kind of fun.

Nice to see the game is getting play in other parts of the world beside NA, too.

Very nice--wish I could read it. ;) This game deserves all the publicity it can get.

Nice to see the game is getting play in other parts of the world beside NA, too.

It's my personal conviction the market for these type of indie RPGs is much better in Europe than in NA. And not just because the dollar is monopoly money now and you can buy these games dirt cheap, but because the European mindset is different than the American one, which is in turn different from the Japanese/Korean one, when it comes to RPGs and PC gaming.

I mentioned this to VDweller and he agreed, the reaction from Europe has been much more positive and more actively interested than the NA one (which is also significant), see here. It's sometimes hard to separate because a lot of Europeans tend to stick to English-language websites and don't care for local sites much, but it's still there, and it's significant.

Just out of curiosity, is RPGWatch still planning on posting a review of Eschalon, or has that been dropped?

It's my personal conviction the market for these type of indie RPGs is much better in Europe than in NA. And not just because the dollar is monopoly money now and you can buy these games dirt cheap, but because the European mindset is different than the American one, which is in turn different from the Japanese/Korean one, when it comes to RPGs and PC gaming.

I mentioned this to VDweller and he agreed, the reaction from Europe has been much more positive and more actively interested than the NA one (which is also significant), see here. It's sometimes hard to separate because a lot of Europeans tend to stick to English-language websites and don't care for local sites much, but it's still there, and it's significant.

Personally, I very much agree. Especially that thing about the "mind set".

Back
Top Bottom