GameSpy - The 10 Best Action RPGs Between Diablo 2 and Diablo 3

Yeah, Hellgate Global has been out for about a year now.

It's completely crap, though, as it uses older code from Hellgate - and they have yet to actually update anything. They've added some content - but the client is crappy - and some of the worst bugs still remain.

It won't get better - so it's pretty much dead :(

I have been playing Hellgate Global since it came out and at first there were severe issues and I quit. I went back when I got into a promotion to get a free Act 3 ticket and I haven't had one issue (besides the server being overloaded once) since I started playing again and currently I even have access to Tokyo by buying a ticket from someone in-game.

PS. T3fun (the company hosting Hellgate Global) also has Mythos going also but I haven't tried it so I don't know if it is the same as what I played back in the original beta.

Probably not the right place to post this but since we rarely have ARPG dedicated threads:

Has anyone played an ARPG which featured dog companions rather than human parties? I remember it being very similar to Diablo in the sense that there were respawns, teleport points that marked progression, armor sets, isometric camera, rather long dungeons and enough loot to go visit your city chest way too often. I think there was also a character creation window in the beginning.

I don't remember if the dog(s) were killable but they certainty helped with the constant fighting and clearing of areas. Its main menu/loading/installing screen looked like the one from Fallout 1 and the cover of Duke Nukem 3D (hero in the focus surrounded by dogs).

2015 Edit: The game's title was Shadowflare.
RPGDot even had a review on it .

Last edited:
the game you are talking about sounds like secret of evermore.

Nah the one I'm talking about had similar looks to the Diablos and BGs of the time and was set in a grim fantasy setting.

I bought Dungeon Siege 3 a little while ago, but got really bored of it quick, but started to play Dungeon Siege 2 with a couple of mods and it has been a lot of fun, much better than 1 or 3 IMO, surprised me really.

I bought Dungeon Siege 3 a little while ago, but got really bored of it quick, but started to play Dungeon Siege 2 with a couple of mods and it has been a lot of fun, much better than 1 or 3 IMO, surprised me really.

DS2 is fantastic, and it's close to Diablo 2 quality overall - though I know many disagree.

Out of curiousity - what mods do you use?

Back
Top Bottom