Fallout 3 - Review @ RPG Codex

How the hell do you take pride en being one of a stupid mainstream crowd thats being spoonfeed braindead games, books, movies etc. Geez some people just give up dont they.

And you know what? I'd much rather "give up" and be entertained than to pretend I have the intellectual upper ground and be angry all the time.

I gotta stop reading the comments on this site. :(

So why do all the morons use guest accounts to post stuff like this? I'm willing to bet he has an account and was just afraid to stand behind his arguements. Chicken.

What a very unprofessional review, another in the many reasons I avoid the codex.

What do you sit on the computer 24/7 and wait for someone to post comments about Fallout 3 and whine? I can just picture you sitting there in the basement, with your pajamas on with a bag of Doritos and your gut resting on your keyboard pullout browsing forums and comments for anything negative, actually (Truthful) about Fallout 3, occasionally nibbling on them and washing it down with a 2 liter bottle of coke.

Tell me Rune, what is so great about Fallout 3? Not only fallout 3, but Morrowind and Oblivion that would make them deserve the high praise they get? I fail to see anything worthy of praise.

This is exactly what I'm talking about, people like us have to suffer because of easily impressed idiots like Rune that'll play anything and are quick to defend their boring dumbed down console trash.

As long as people keep buying them they don't even need to make a Quality game, Rune will be the first one in the store to buy it. I can just picture him pulling kids hair and pushing them down to get his copy of Fallout 3.

As long as Rune can walk around a lifeless boring dull world that has had its color sucked out of it (Just like Morrowind) turning it into a bland ugly brown color, with generic NPC's you don't care about, boring dialog that will put you to sleep, generic quests with nothing to do, Rune will be happy.

As long as Rune can roam around and just shoot and kill things all day he will sit there for hours and have a blast. That is his definition of fun, he just loves the dumb downed console trash. It doesn't matter if the game has a boring story,word,quests,voice acting, he just loves to kill things. I'm sure he is one of those people that was upset you couldn't murder children in the game. It would probably make Rune feel really manly, murdering children in the game, right Rune? You bad ass you. I can just picture him sitting there playing Fallout 3 and Rune imagining himself as this large muscular good looking character killing monsters etc, that's how he escapes reality, you just lose your self don't you Rune? That is until you step away from the computer and look into the mirror.

No doubt you will cry to a moderator to get this post moved, but what would you expect from a Fallout 3 fan :)

This makes you a much smarter person. I love this arguement. Not only is it rude and derogatory but it also makes you look like an ass.

What Rune really meant Watchman is... How dare you speak the truth about Fallout 3!, I love console trash! right Rune? You <3 trash? Stop bothering people, the game is garbage, deal with it.

"People like us have to suffer because of easily impressed idiots like Rune that'll play anything and are quick to defend their boring dumbed down console trash"

There is a warm feeling inside me seeing "people like you" suffer. "People like you" calling others idiots simply deserve it to suffer, and the best part of it is: it is self inflicted.

So then, feel superior and suffer. That's fine with me...

"People like us have to suffer because of easily impressed idiots like Rune that'll play anything and are quick to defend their boring dumbed down console trash"

There is a warm feeling inside me seeing "people like you" suffer. "People like you" calling others idiots simply deserve it to suffer, and the best part of it is: it is self inflicted.

So then, feel superior and suffer. That's fine with me...

I still haven't seen anyone argue why the game deserves its high praise. Did anyone notice that the majority of people playing this seem to be 40 year old single men? Kind of creepy.

Just let people kill things and they will sit there and play it all day, kind of sad.

Wanderer, if you persist in attacking a registered member of these forums while hiding behind 'Guest', I'll personally delete your posts. You may do that at the Codex, BUT NOT HERE!!

I'm well aware of who that is. Since he has attacked me in the same vein on another board.....you knowwhy not just use your name?

It's funny because I have played many games, as corwin can vouch I have even played Cleve's game. I have been a beta tester for Basilisk games and I'm active in that comunity.

So do I prefer dumbed down games? No, I prefer fun games and thats really all its about. I have no agenda, and I think thats where I differ in this regard. I do not think fallout 3 is the bestest game ever, but I do think its fun and available.

Oh and not a big fan of Coke and doritos....do like nachos though.

Last edited:
The Codex has become a bit of a parody of itself anymore, sadly. Hard to take it seriously.

I'm well aware of who that is. Since he has attacked me in the same vein on another board.....you knowwhy not just use your name?

It's funny because I have played many games, as corwin can vouch I have even played Cleve's game. I have been a beta tester for Basilisk games and I'm active in that comunity.

So do I prefer dumbed down games? No, I prefer fun games and thats really all its about. I have no agenda, and I think thats where I differ in this regard. I do not think fallout 3 is the bestest game ever, but I do think its fun and available.

Oh and not a big fan of Coke and doritos....do like nachos though.

See? Not one thing.... I rest my case. People point out what they don't like about Fallout 3, you attack them and then you can't defend the game when I call you on it. "I think it's fun" doesn't cut it. How is it fun? and we will take it from there. I'm not on any other sites, I started posting on here as a guest, I was on RPGdot but that is gone.

I don't sugar coat anything, this is the way I am. There is no point registering on the forums, I would just get banned eventually because I don't agree with what everyone says. People are too sensitive.

The same thing goes for Morrowind / Oblivion.

See? Not one thing.... I rest my case. People point out what they don't like about Fallout 3, you attack them and then you can't defend the game when I call you on it. "I think it's fun" doesn't cut it. How is it fun? and we will take it from there. I'm not on any other sites, I started posting on here as a guest, I was on RPGdot but that is gone.

I don't sugar coat anything, this is the way I am. There is no point registering on the forums, I would just get banned eventually because I don't agree with what everyone says. People are too sensitive.

The same thing goes for Morrowind / Oblivion.

No, I purposely ignored your request. People have no problem with oppossing views, however when you hide behind a guest account to slander someone it shows what kind of person you are, and I have no time for people like you.

Have a nice life, and merry christmas:)

I still haven't seen anyone argue why the game deserves its high praise. Did anyone notice that the majority of people playing this seem to be 40 year old single men? Kind of creepy.
Just because I do not agree to the codex review doens't mean I think FO3 deserves high praise instead. Actually, I do not think so. But it is an entertaining, technically top-quality, fast-paced Action-RPG. I enjoy it much more over Pool of Radiance 2, Nevermore or God - Lands of Infinity. Do I think, it is a true successor to FO1+2? Nope. Do I feel guilty, because I watch myself having fun playing it? Nope. Sry, pals, this is not politics, this is my sparetime activity. And I simply don't agree.

I'm in between. I don't see a reason why to choose between two extremes. FO3 is a fair, but not overwhelming CRPG experience.

I always do what I say I will do!! Go back to the Codex.

The Codex has become a bit of a parody of itself anymore, sadly. Hard to take it seriously.
They have talked about "decline of codex" for somtime if it has anything to do with it. Thread degenaration and retardation goes to amazing levels in som cases. I visit som other bigger boards than rpg codex and most of the time even they are not that bad . Theres still lots of good stuff to read in codex mainly about older games but the selected few immature twits (i.e codex thread abt posting fallout3 spoilers to official fallout3 forums) make the place look worse than it actually is.

Let's see, what's great about Fallout 3?

The setting is great. The 50s meet the wasteland. It's like watching the Cleavers from Leave it to Beaver trying to make their way in a Road Warrior movie. Love it!

Lots of original quests. Suddenly finding yourself to be a child again. Helping out with an election. Dealing with a crazy woman collecting NukeCola. The Survival Guide kinda-tutorial quest was fun, too. It was great having some Lake Wobegon refugee telling me to go get myself irradiated so she could study me!

Good exploration - you could just head out and find fun stuff.

The freaky weapons are pretty good, too. I love how they actually look like the junk you made them from. I just wish they were a bit more handy. And the stock weapons aren't bad, either. Gotta love a weapon that can turn your enemy into a pile of goo!

Fallout 3 is a great game but I'd rather go back to playing it again than post "reasons" which would just be ignored anyway. Enjoying things is a matter of preference and while there are those who don't enjoy Fallout 3 there are a vast majority more who do and I'm glad for that.

I played Fallout 3 for about 4 hours.I uninstalled and have no urge to play it again.No need to read reviews.I know when i like a game and when i don't.I am still waiting for a game to make me wanna play it.Last game i remember is Witcher.
Do i grow up?I hope not........

You guys are all missing the point of the article! This is clearly meant to be satire- intellectual snobbery from an author whose name means "giant penis." The author is clearly poking fun at the more rabid segment of fallout fans by juxtaposing such airs of pretension with laughable statements like "And in ten weeks, let alone ten years, nobody will be talking about it." Love it or hate it, it's one of the best selling video games this year; add that to the DLC coming out and the G.E.C.K. and you're going to have a lot of people still playing it and talking about it 10 weeks from now. Clearly the author "baby arm" doesn't intend this review to be taken seriously.

This statement really amused me- "There's nothing in Fallout 3 that couldn't have been accomplished in four years by a hundred enthusiastic kids with rich parents." The author here is blatantly poking fun at the fallout 1/2 mod community and NMA. Personally I find this characterization to be a bit insulting and unwarranted.

Since I "survived" the Fallout3-has-been-released! period, I will probably buy the game when it's in the bargain bin if there isn't anything more interesting to play. Not anytime soon, anyway.

I agree with the review, the game get to some point that you dont want play it anymore, i just go to youtube and watch the final scene. I hate when in a point of a game, everything that come feel more than a work that you are doing than a good moment of enterteinment.
________
Clear Trichomes

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom