I love a story with a happy ending.

If it's repressed, it doesn't go away. It's still there, just maybe not acted upon. You can't pray away the gay. ;)

Oh, I totally agree - what I was thinking about was how it might impact survey-type research, especially from past decades.

If it's repressed, it doesn't go away. It's still there, just maybe not acted upon. You can't pray away the gay. ;)

Pretty much. I mean you can control it but it never goes away.

Homosexuality is epigenetic. That is, gay men and the gender disphoric are expressing the genes of their mothers. This is normal in the womb but usually stops. This is also why you have higher homosexuality in some populations ie west europeans. It's not nuture in the least, not in the sense guys like DArtagnan are talking about.

Again, you can find correlations - but you can't rule out all the other potentially millions of factors. You claim to follow the scientific method - and yet you practice it like a 5-year old would.

Something as simple as understanding why western europe would SEEM to have more homosexuals than places where it's still incredibly taboo to even acknowledge it - is apparently beyond you. Tainted "evidence" at best - unless they torture people when they do these statistics to get them to admit it.

You can't cling to correlations without knowing the exact nature of both the cause and effect. Not only don't you understand the exact nature of a single factor - you refuse to take into account all other factors as if they didn't exist.

Homosexuality is still a very blurry subject - and while I'm sure we can find physical traits inherent in some homosexuals - there's no way to exclude the influence of the environment.

To quote a silly person: You can find countless studies to support that.

EDIT: Also I don't mean to say parenting is useless but it's become more than clear that things like mental illness and extreme antisocial behavior are not due to parenting.

Quite the opposite. It's been "well documented" that - for instance - a LOT of known psychopaths or other extreme cases like serial killers share a profoundly abusive childhood. We're talking the vast majority.

No, unlike you - I'm not forgetting that we're not talking about everyone - and there are lots of exceptions.

But it's very obvious that being abused and neglected in early childhood has a massive influence on the human mind - and how it evolves.

Homosexuality is still a very blurry subject - and while I'm sure we can find physical traits inherent in some homosexuals - there's no way to exclude the influence of the environment.

This is true. It is not like people are going to admit that they were raped by their uncle in a survey or something like that.

Wait a second. Rape, pediaphia, and homosexuality are NOT the same things.

Its just an example. And it might be the case that the child was gay before that who knows. But still traumatic experiences arent something people talk about openly.

Its just an example. And it might be the case that the child was gay before that who knows. But still traumatic experiences arent something people talk about openly.

No, you made an insinuation that homosexuality was akin to PTSD or something ... Or worse yet drawn as a direct parallel to being a pedophile.

Homosexuality is an inherent trait. There are societal influences on the extent to which someone chooses to live up to or display that trait, but it is a trait.

Making even a shadow of an insinuation that it is related to perversion and abuse is just hateful, disgusting and insulting.

Or worse yet, drawing a similarity to bestiality. Such statements seem hateful, but in reality could just be coming from very stupid people.

Being homosexual is not necessarily traumatic, if it wasn't for the hate and fears of others.

I was referring to the child not the uncle.

No, you made an insinuation that homosexuality was akin to PTSD or something … Or worse yet drawn as a direct parallel to being a pedophile.

Homosexuality is an inherent trait. There are societal influences on the extent to which someone chooses to live up to or display that trait, but it is a trait.

Making even a shadow of an insinuation that it is related to perversion and abuse is just hateful, disgusting and insulting.

Some people could be(not all obviously) we just dont have the data obviously. I mean if we have situational homosexuality why cant there be a possibility that someone could develop a fetish for it?

Or worse yet, drawing a similarity to bestiality. Such statements seem hateful, but in reality could just be coming from very stupid people.

Well beastialty happens in the wild too(interspecies sex) and there are moves to make it a recognised sexuality as there is a study that show some people are born that way. Now they cant sign a contract so i guess theres that differentiating it.

Interspecies sex, cat and dog.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSqZhqJiFIY

This is not the study but it is as close to it as i cant get for now.
http://blogs.scientificamerican.com...iles-make-scientists-rethink-human-sexuality/

Being homosexual is not necessarily traumatic, if it wasn't for the hate and fears of others.

Being sexual at all is highly traumatic, but I might just be generalizing everyone based off of my own experiences :)

Great now that video is in my google history forever and they will send me even creepier advertisements, but the look on that cat's face :lol:

Just wait til they can cheaply and reliably print steel. There's going to be a lot more revolutions soon, and not just in thirdworldia. The pharoh should keep that in mind when importing slaves for the fields and pyramid work, those cameras on every street corner are only going to help so much.

Back
Top Bottom