NWN2 - 1 Up 'Review' Pulled & Recanted @ 1 Up

I thought I could do the full-on TBS, but Im finding more and more that I cant. It just eventually puts me to sleep! Glad I didnt hunt far and wide for the collector's ed of HOMMV, it's gathering dust now 3/4 thru the campaign with no signs of returning to life...

In the 7-9 scale, 7.5 is average ... but in the 1-10, 5 is average.

On a 1-10 scale 5 may be average, but in a grading system 50% is failing.

90% = A
80% = B
70% = C
60% = D
50% = F

The 1s and 2s should be reserved for games that are not only crappy, but have technical flaws in them as well.

How did that one slip past the editors in the first place? How could they do such a half-assed job of reviewing such a high profile PC game? NWN 2 is one of the most anticipated PC games of the year (that's not an MMORPG, at least). It deserves much better coverage than that, even if the review isn't going to be good. Not only was that review chock full of retardation, but Ziff Davis's folks showed complete carelessness and utter disregard for their audience by letting this guy review it, and then by letting it get printed. They would never let a review like that for a Halo or GTA game get printed. Games for Windows Magazine was really going to print that? What the hell were they thinking?

This is why I stick with Gamespot for about 90% of my reviews. I disagree with them a lot, but they've got a very high degree of professionalism.

Jeff Green explains how it slipped past him in his latest blog entry.

Back
Top Bottom