Gothic Any info on English-language mods for Gothic 1 and 2?

Black Hood

Watcher
I've browsed around on the web a bit looking for answers to this, and it seems there are (were?) some interesting mod projects, but it's hard to sort through the forums I've come across for any real info.
The ones I've seen mentioned are both for Gothic I, something called Diccuric (German?) and another called Golden Mod (Russian? possibly with an English subtitle patch?). Has anyone played these? Can anyone point me to a comprehensive list & explanation / reviews of those and any other existing mods, preferably in English?

Diccuric was finished, but never translated into English. Other mods were in various stages of completion, with translation their authors' last priority. Many projects were just abandoned through time, which is kind of sad, but perfectly normal in these waters. It could be some new projects got started since Gothic 3 got out, but I wouldn't know.

I think I'll try to download and play Diccuric, I can probably muddle through it if it's in German... has anyone played it? What's it like? and how about that Golden Mod? Any opinions?

Well, I installed the Player kit, the Diccuric mod, and the English patch from the Ragnarok site, but when I use the Gothic starter and the game starts, all I see is a black screen with a health bar in the lower left corner. If I use the arrow keys, the Nameless One pops in and out of sight as I try to move around, and I can bring up the inventory - he has the letter to the magicians of fire and that's all. Maybe I have a file in the wrong place? I'll mess around with it some more and see if I can resolve it. This isn't how it's supposed to look, is it? I don't seem to be able to go anywhere and it's pitch black.

Hey there Black Hood,

It was some time ago when i played diccuric, not quite sure about your problem. I know there are a few problems on installing and other bugs.
Did you check out the FAQ...? there is a specific install requirement etc' - there is also a forum and Moe the head guy lurks there.

Hope you sort it out.:)

since the mods suggested above are for Gothic 1, i'd like to know if there any mods in English for Gothic 2.. i've heard about the one with pirates but it's in German with no translation..

Back
Top Bottom