The "I Just Bought" thread

These:

The complete Peanuts upt to 1976. I got the first couple of books a few years ago, and had planned on collecting them. But somehow I got lost after the 50'es. But today I went on a routine expedition to a local phantasy-thingies-store, and lo, there they were. So now I'm back on track.

Good grief!!!

Well, I FINALLY activated by Games Com Steam promotional product activation code ! :lol:

Result is : I'm now an owner of "Team Fortress 2" ! ;)

Well, that wasn't to be anticipated, because the sheet didn't say at all WHICH game I'd be activating, lol ! :lol:

Anyone interested in a gift by me ? ;) I can send a "gift" to someone who likes this game as well ;)

Was just browsing through the "Steam" catalogue … Which struck me as odd was that there isn't (seemingly) a single free game there ! - In contrast to GOG …

Okay, it's a business. But adding one or two completely free games - regardless of age - would imho add to the customer reputation … "Customer binding" or so …

Really? I got a couple of free games from Steam. One of them being Portal. I forget the other one. Though, I've played neither. :p

Portal is fun but *extremely* short. Portal 2 ended up being one of the best games I've played so far this year.

I just bought Borderlands GotY Edition and Elemental: War of Magic. I'm just looking for something to kill some time while waiting for Duke Nukem Forever.

I tried Borderlands when it was released and was disappointed because I was expecting something else. I've decided to give it another try with a different mindset.

I stayed away from Elemental till now for obvious reasons. I only paid $20 for it and don't have much in the way of expectations.

Bought for 5 Euros a "Limited Edition" of DDO "Stormreach".

If anyone seeks this limited edition for this price as well : I could buy and send it, if I get the costs back.

I got a special price, however. The box says 10 Euros, and I just got it for 5 because i talked to the owner and he was glad to get rid of the boxes (there are still 4-5 left of it).

My plan was - if I assumed it right - to use it to connect myself to the Team Corwin one day - if this is the right game I bought, of course.

the Bacon & maple syrup sundae at Dennys. Crazy, I couldnt believe when I saw it on the menu. As the night wore on and I ate my sandwich, the morbid curiosity became overwhelming. It really sounded horrible - but I just needed to try one bite. I needed to know.

....for the record - it was pretty damn good ='.'=

Attachments

• bacn (1).jpg
    bacn (1).jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 76
  • bacn (2).jpg
    bacn (2).jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 74
Bought for 5 Euros a "Limited Edition" of DDO "Stormreach".

I'm baffled by Artari's incompetence.

This edition contains - according to the back side of the box - an "audio CD".

But it doesn't play.

I look at it on my PC.

Result : Quite a lot of .WAV files.

a095.gif

I finally did it… I replaced my old 22" CRT with a 27". The worst part is that 1920x1080 is obviously a weaker resolution than 2048x1536, but I have to confess that the impact on playing first-person shooters is quite good.

27inch.jpg

This is my new "laptop" since my old broke down. Instead of buying a laptop this time I bought a Tablet, an ASUS EP121. I have been using it for a couple of weeks now and it works really good. At home I use it with a bluetooth keyboard and mouse, but when I take it to school I pack only the tablet. It weights very little and since it's essentially a Windows 7 PC it can run all the software I like and open/run files directly via the network without hassle.

EP121-1.jpg

EP121-2.jpg

The worst part with the EP121 is the battery which only lasts 2 hours on high-performance. To solve this I bought an Energizer XP18000 battery that doubles if not tripples the batterytime.

Energizer.jpg

The Ultimate Wizardry Archives, for 1€ (+2½€ postage). Now I just have to wait for it to arrive (even though I don't actually plan to play Wizardry anytime soon, i have seen it go for ~50-60€ in the past)
*edit* Snagged a copy of privateer 2 for another € (but this upped the postage to 6€ :( Still, I love auctioning sites, from time to time.

Last edited:
The Ultimate Wizardry Archives, for 1€ (+2½€ postage). Now I just have to wait for it to arrive (even though I don't actually plan to play Wizardry anytime soon, i have seen it go for ~50-60€ in the past)
*edit* Snagged a copy of privateer 2 for another € (but this upped the postage to 6€ :( Still, I love auctioning sites, from time to time.

Mein gott. I only found one piece of UWA few years ago from germany (was english version though) and I had to pay 50€ for it. My privateer 2 wasnt that cheap either.

Sadly, mine won't come with the box or manual (but according to the seller, the manuals are also on disc, and if that fails, one can usually find the manual for (relatively) popular games on replacement docs). Still, a grand total of 3½€ for these games seemed too good not to bid on.

I really dioubt I would be able to get this collection here - nd especially not for this price.

Not everything was released here like the way it was in other countries (example : Quest For Glory series).

So : Congratulations for that 1-Euro-find ! :)

xmas

I just bought one the cheesiest german christmas records - RIP Roy Black:

attachment.php

The old vinyl was scratched too much...

Attachments

• weihnachten.jpg
    weihnachten.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 50
Back
Top Bottom