What games are you playing now?

Playing a game called Labyronia, and having fun with it. It looks like a Japanese rpg, so not my favourite style, but I do enjoy the tactical combat and the fact that it is actually a rpg. Bought the second game at the same time during a sale, so that will most likely be next up for me once I finish this one.

We have different concepts of Japanese RPG. What you mention to me is more a RPG-Maker game (or style of game).
This is a typical JRPG for me
gfs_56251_2_791.jpg

Then I'd say I don't care for either style from a graphics perspective, but I do like the combat and stories usually that they offer. Labyronia isn't easy either, which is something else I can appreciate about these types of games, they often are way more challenging than normal rpg's. I likes a tough game!

Getting really addicted to Rogue Legacy :) Good fun when you don't have much time to play!

We have different concepts of Japanese RPG. What you mention to me is more a RPG-Maker game (or style of game).
This is a typical JRPG for me
gfs_56251_2_791.jpg

Shadowhearts is great. I never did beat the 2nd or 3rd one, but the first one I did and it was amazing.

On topic, I'm playing Shadowrun Returns for the first time as a shaman. It's.....okay so far. Very linear. I hear that Dragonrun and Hong Kong are much better.

Shadowhearts is great. I never did beat the 2nd or 3rd one, but the first one I did and it was amazing.

On topic, I'm playing Shadowrun Returns for the first time as a shaman. It's…..okay so far. Very linear. I hear that Dragonrun and Hong Kong are much better.

Wow, do start the 2nd one if you can, it's the best of the 3.

I'm still playing Diablo 3 with the GF, and I'm dabbling a bit in Elite Dangerous. I really enjoy all the systems in ED - but I'm still struggling to find actual content.

Roleplaying Slash in rocksmith 2014.

Currently at level 2. The Slash class is a lot of fun to play. Never feels like grinding.

For each song quest the game recommends which skills to pick up first, it's pretty handy. There is always something to-do.

Although, I cannot recommend it to people new to RPGs. It won't be easy and some persistency is required.

Played some X3TC over the weekend. I played it a bit a while ago but didn't get far into the campaign so started it again but with the XRM mod (plus a few others) installed this time.

-F

Still playing eso waiting for the November onslaught of game releases (dd:OS and wl2). What a huge game eso is. Focussing on PvE since I really need a different build to succeed at PvP. What a gankers delight I play. :)

Finished BG2EE: Shadows of Amn, took me only 120+ hours what with all my character tinkering. Started with the Throne of Bhaal part. Playing Wizardry 6 on the side, MMX is still on hold. Waiting for D:OS EE this October. Need more skill info for character planning purposes.

I completed my goal for the Kingdom of Asturias. I have formed the Empire of Hispania, ruined France by sowing discontent and managed to beat back the Ummayads all the way back to modern-day Tunisia.

I am thinking of playing as Charlemagne. It's supposedly a fun experience I haven't tried yet.

However, I enjoy the game better playing as a little count usually.

I really am not good at family matters though. I can't seem to inherit other counties, duchies or kingdoms properly. Anyone know how that works ?

Roleplaying Slash in rocksmith 2014.

Currently at level 2. The Slash class is a lot of fun to play. Never feels like grinding.

Sooo... how many bottles of Jack Daniel's and how many lines of coke to level three? :biggrin:

I completed my goal for the Kingdom of Asturias. I have formed the Empire of Hispania, ruined France by sowing discontent and managed to beat back the Ummayads all the way back to modern-day Tunisia.

I am thinking of playing as Charlemagne. It's supposedly a fun experience I haven't tried yet.

However, I enjoy the game better playing as a little count usually.
Charlemagne DLC is good to play for a couple of generations usually, to follow the scripted historical events mostly.

I really am not good at family matters though. I can't seem to inherit other counties, duchies or kingdoms properly. Anyone know how that works ?
You personally don't inherit the titles when going the 'family' way. What you do is marry someone who has a claim on something, then you can go to war to force that claim, and then your heir (who you will eventually be when you die) will inherit whatever you have and whatever your spouse has.

You may need to use a little subterfuge, as some claims can only be pressed when the title is held by a regent or by a woman (so if it's a man, you may want to send him some 'spiced' pies).

I'm still playing Diablo 3 with the GF, and I'm dabbling a bit in Elite Dangerous. I really enjoy all the systems in ED - but I'm still struggling to find actual content.

Why doesn't it surprise me at all that DArt struggles with ED :biggrin:

Charlemagne DLC is good to play for a couple of generations usually, to follow the scripted historical events mostly.

You personally don't inherit the titles when going the 'family' way. What you do is marry someone who has a claim on something, then you can go to war to force that claim, and then your heir (who you will eventually be when you die) will inherit whatever you have and whatever your spouse has.

You may need to use a little subterfuge, as some claims can only be pressed when the title is held by a regent or by a woman (so if it's a man, you may want to send him some 'spiced' pies).

Yeah, I did read somewhere of people inheriting entire kingdoms without waging any wars though, by marrying off people in the correct way or something.

Yeah, I did read somewhere of people inheriting entire kingdoms without waging any wars though, by marrying off people in the correct way or something.

Without wars. Sure, you marry the 2nd heir in line of a kingdom. Then you assassinate the 1st heir, so she will inherit the kingdom when the ruler dies, and your first son (on primogeniture) with her will inherit that, without a fight. Or if you can marry the actual heir, even better, but usually they will only marry people of around their same 'nobility level'.
I mean, there are many ways using assassination, marriages, etc. it's just a matter of finding the right people (if they exist at all) and waiting.

Currently started a new playthrough of The Witcher 2, now that I'm almost done with the last witcher nove. Actually the last one to be translated to English (Baptism of Fire; I'm still waiting for the final 2 ones to be translated). Anyways, I'm amazed at how many references there are to past adventures that only happened in the books. And I love all this attention. For example, after planning the escape with Vernon Roche, in La Vallette castle, Geralt has a vision where he remembers his death in Rivia. And they clearly mention that Yennefer was also wounded there, and that they were both saved by an ashen-haired girl (most probably Ciri). All of this information pretty much went over my head last time I played TW2. So I'm loving this new experience.

Back
Top Bottom