King of Dragon Pass

RPGWatch

An RPGWatch Bot
Administrator
King of Dragon Pass is a 1999 computer game published by A Sharp. Set in the fictional world of Glorantha, it depicts the lives and fortunes of one of several barbarian clans, settling the untamed lands of Dragon Pass over the course of several decades. The clans bear some similarities, such as fyrds and lawspeakers, to the Iron Age Nordic peoples.

Create your own epic saga of conflict, mythology and community! Rule your own clan, take important strategic decisions, win battles and expand your influence in this unique mix of RPG, strategy and story-telling.

More information.

They remade this for IOS a few years back and it is one of the few games that works better on an IPAD than on PC since the hand drawn graphics look so much better than running last century stuff on a 1080p monitor. One of the only ipad games I play in fact. The game has some really innovative ideas that would be good to see in mainstream games.

They remade this for IOS a few years back and it is one of the few games that works better on an IPAD than on PC since the hand drawn graphics look so much better than running last century stuff on a 1080p monitor. One of the only ipad games I play in fact. The game has some really innovative ideas that would be good to see in mainstream games.

I remember reading at some point that the IOS version has some new content also, or at least bugfixes, that aren't in the GOG release. Anybody know if these are a big deal, do they substantially change the game?

I like the game but don't own any apple crap. But eh, maybe I'll ask my boss to get me an IPAD or something if I can play an improved KoDP.

It's also available on Android and Steam. According to this blog post, it's basically the mobile version that's on Steam.

As to the changes of the original PC version vs the mobile one, they mention:
There are 48 new scenes and 4 new illustrations (plus a new Lore map). There are also new advisors, and a lot more advice in management screens. There are also more treasures. We made many bug fixes (such as unblocking two of the original scenes), and fixed typos. You no longer have to worry about sheep. The economics system should no longer be quite as harsh, with death spirals less likely. (Rest assured that the game is still difficult, especially on the Hard setting.)

Last edited:
I want to play this game BUT don't know that from where I can get this game. Can anybody will explain me, from where I can get it?

-> GOG Version

-> Steam Version

So you need to register either at Steam or at GOG. The GOG version is DRM free.
The Steam version is a newer version of the game.

Back
Top Bottom