WAR Online - State of the Game

woges

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
Mark Jabobs writes a lengthy SotG for WAR.
Folks,

It’s only March and it’s been a very hectic year already for us here at Mythic. The last six months have seen an awful lot of excitement and change here at the studio. We’ve launched another successful MMORPG but this time in the face of the worst economic conditions that most of us have ever seen. We’ve done some things that we are very proud of, some things we regret, and some things that we are very excited about going forward. As I’ve said about Mythic throughout the years, we are not perfect but we will always try our best to create great games. So, without further preamble (or simply ramble), here’s my Winter’s End State of the Game with a quick peek at the past, the present, and a much deeper gaze into the near future.

Right now we're in the middle of our first LIVE expansion for WAR. As part of that, we have just released our biggest patch yet for WAR. While I am a long-standing member of “There is no such thing as a miracle patch” club, this patch cycle (1.2) and the one that will follow it (1.3) represent a huge number of changes, bug fixes, and additions to our game. Given the proximity of these two releases, I think it is pretty safe to say that these represent one of the largest (if not the largest) amount of new content, tweaks, adjustments, etc. to any MMO over the course of several months.
More information.

Hehe, one of the largest content releases to any MMO, eh? Better get those patches out fast. City of Heroes is about to take the content release rate up to ludicrous speed!

Given the proximity of these two releases, I think it is pretty safe to say that these represent one of the largest (if not the largest) amount of new content, tweaks, adjustments, etc. to any MMO over the course of several months.

Yeah... really sucks if you have to patch in all the stuff that should have been in the game right from the beginning anyway. There was a time when I thought that all the crap that Jakobs, Barnett and Hickman are telling the WAR community is just PR... but slowly I'm beginning to think that they really believe this bs.

Who gets it 100% right the first time? If they do, they aren't human. I'm willing to give it another shot after the patches to see if it is any better. I doubt it because I'm not really what you would call an MMO person, but what the hell maybe it's a little more fun this time around.

why all the negativity, from everything Ive read this game was one of the "good ones" of the current MMO release crop.

Back
Top Bottom