The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

You forget, your summer is pretty much just like our winter!! :p

IMPORTANT: Don't buy Grand Reliquary III when we get to guild level 120-Already Done

I purchased the deed for the Grand Reliquary III on the shard AH today (15 shards on AH vs. 325 shards from Turbine), and have it in Jhianna's bank. As soon as we hit guild level 120, I'll go ahead & apply it.

Let's save the shards currently in our guild account for either Reliquary IV (guild level 150) or the big ship, which would allow us to have all the amenities up at one time … no swapping needed. FYI, current guild balance is 346 shards.

Healer Hirelings Broken by Last Patch

Several of the healer hirelings were broken in the last patch and cannot be commanded to raise you if they have been put in passive mode. They include Arkyn, Garret & Erythria (lvl 27). There may be others, but those are the only ones folks have reported so far. This may explain some of the problems we've had in the last two days.

You can read details in the link below.

Healers will raise/ressurrect when in passive mode

Depends on who was supposed to be doing the healing!! :)

We all know that Corwin is this guild's healer. Problem is that his heal spells aren't on the prime shortcut bar he's using. Maybe the hireling healers have the same problem as Corwin, i. e. it takes forever to find the heal and raise spells. :lol:

Well, most of them seemed to work, most of the time, at least when I first started playing. Now, many players just use them as DW clickies (call them, passive & park them till you need a refresh), since they're completely suicidal, and in some quests & explorer areas will just lead you to an early death.

Of course, as far as I can tell, some have never worked: There's Wyoh (the non-healing healer); there's the one (Larafay, I think) who will nuke everything in sight and be completely out of spell points within a very few minutes of starting any quest (perfect for all those 4 minute long quests, per JM).

And I won't even start on the rogues who can't/won't spot or search the traps (and also agro everything in sight unless passived) … safer without them, as several of us found out in offering of blood this weekend.

We all know that Corwin is this guild's healer. Problem is that his heal spells aren't on the prime shortcut bar he's using. Maybe the hireling healers have the same problem as Corwin, i. e. it takes forever to find the heal and raise spells. :lol:

Ah! That explains Wyoh … she can't find her healing spells … they're on the other toolbar, and she forgot how to switch toolbars … early dementia has apparently set in. ;)

DDO down till late this afternoon (US EDT) due to botched hotfix

Edit: Latest post by Cordovan says tonight, 7-8pm US EDT, and that logins are also not working right.
==========================================
Guess they must have broken handwraps again ;)

List of changes supposed to take place on this hotfix are below. Thread is at:

This morning's hotfix

UPDATE: The worlds have been shut down while we investigate a bug that arose shortly after reopening the worlds. We expect the game worlds to remain unavailable until late this afternoon, Eastern time, and will keep you updatd.

The DDO Game Servers will be brought down on Thursday, August 20th from 8:00 - 11:00 AM Eastern (-4 GMT) for a hotfix. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!

Here are the Release Notes for the Update 27 Patch 1 Hotfix:

News and Notes:

Combat

Melee and Ranged Power now work properly when they are brought into negative numbers. For example, -50 Melee Power now means you deal 100/150, or 2/3rd, or 66% less damage based on our standard Negative Melee Power formula of 100 / (100 - Power). -100 Melee Power means you deal half damage, etc.

Enhancements

Fixed an issue that caused the Warlock Soul Eater's Strickened Soul enhancement reduce Melee, Ranged, and Spell Power by far more than described.
Soul Eater's Inhuman Nature now increases Consume and Stricken damage by the proper amount.

Hirelings

Artificer Iron Defenders, Druid Wolf Companions, Onyx Panthers and Owlbear Defenders have been ordered to end their "we won't attack anything" strike.

Items

Fixed an issue that could cause characters to get multiple copies of certain effects, causing "lag" when that character was examined.

Quests and Adventure Areas

Trials of the Archons
Defiler of the Just
The layout of the raid area has been significantly adjusted.
Abishai Executioners now have a smaller enemy detection area.

Demon Assault
Kerchac will no longer teleport.
Kerchac will no longer knock players out of the Boss area.
Players will no longer be able to get stuck between the gate and the teleport portal near the end boss.

Last edited:
DDO Up & Plan?

DDO is finally up, so plan on updating before tomorrow night.

And the plan is?

The plan is to play!! :) I updated earlier!! Thanks for the advance warning.

Before anyone gets too excited, let me burst your bubble: Select monster manuals are on sale, but guess which one is not included? Yes, the new one. So hold your pennies, er, TP's, for a bit longer.

Freebie of the week is 5 airship beacons. I've updated the guild notice with the code.

Tonight?

And the plan is? Lowbies? Highbies? Tweens?

Is everyone on board?

You're nothing if not consistent, Savage Dragon. ;)

I believe we're all hands on deck so it will be the 11's. We've got Red Fens and VoN3/4 in our future but first will be Keeper's Sanctuary (House J bar quest) cuz I sez so. Pulling the Big Book Privilege and all...

As I had stated, I used my +20 LR and changed Mureall. I wasn't really happy with the Vanguard build, as it was slow, if durable. I am a big fan of speed, as most of you know by now.

So after a bit of research, I came up with a completely horrible Melee Warlock build. TWF Khopesh, since I keep getting Khopeshes. She uses the Aura as a steady dps boost, and has the bursts to act in as cleaves, giving her solid AoE damage output. A quick run through Ataraxia confirmed this, weaker critters died often as not before I was aware of them.

In terms of the party dynamic, she'll bring Dimension Door and Haste to the table, as well as Blur and a slightly cheaper Resist Energy. So in that regard, she'll function somewhat like a Bard. Basically a Buff Support/DPS character. All inditications are that she'll peter out as we push into epics.

Right now I'm using the set of Dynastic Falcatas slotted with Resonace/Impulse and Acid, with a trinket that has a bit of light spell power on it (Shard of Vollun, I'll replace later with a Shamatic Fetish). It's a fairly effective set, though I could use a decent general purpose DPS set with red slots for my spell power. Everbright duties can be handled with the bursts.

RE: Aura lag. What likely causes the aura lag is the multiple enhancements which give short term buffs to everyone in range. These give AC, Healing amp, PRR, and MRR while the aura is active. The refresh on every aura tick, or otherwise end at 8 seconds. Obviously this is a problem, given DDO's engine. I'll leave the aura off outside of quests.

A general look forward on the group's roadmap--

Level 10 content is fairly thin but we don't need a whole lot of XP to get everyone up to toon lvl13. We've punted on Red Fens, so that area becomes a good source of catch-up XP should anyone need it. We've got VON5/6 (ick), Ataraxia (haven't run that in a while), and Tempest Spine (haven't run that in half of forever). Given the mountain of XP flowing out of VON, I think we'll be good to get everyone levelled up off those 3 targets. Friendly reminder that most of us didn't cash in the 3BC saga yet. Since Bot was lagging on XP, I took a pot and grabbed the 26k base XP.

I'm trying to figure out a way to skip the Desert and GH just because we run that content everrrrry daaaaaamn liiiiiiiiiife, but I just don't think we can get there from here. One question is whether we need to run Necro3 for anyone to upgrade their Silver Flame trinket. Shorting on lvl11 might not be the end of the world, but lvl12 is barren (Lordsmarch1 plus the top of Desert and the top of Necro3) so we really are going to want to bank up.

I think GH we could still do for the Saga, the 10hp, and the free portable hole. Not to mention the tons of XP. The Saga XP in particular could help those behind a bit catch up.

I think we have two needing the trinket upgraded, so Necro3 XP may be able to replace Desert. We may just run the Desert flagging quests, since we can run the raid. And Wiz King is massive XP as well.

We have the new pack at 13, which can help draw down GH. Though we pretty much have to run everything to get the Saga there. By the time we finish, should be 15-16 range. I suggest we also run Harbringer 1 & 2, since we haven't in a few lives.

Though I think we haven't ran Lordsmarch 1 & 2 in a couple lives either.

Just a reminder, I will be spotty for the next 2 months. It will be a week by week proposition as I'm away in my motorhome travelling with only limited net connectivity. I will try to be online when possible, but there are no guarantees. If I'm not there at game time I'll likely not get there later.

Good chance I'll be late getting home from Detroit. Assume I'm out for tomorrow. If I get back at a decent time, I'll jump into whatever y'all have decided to run.

Back
Top Bottom