Age of Decadence - January Update

It's really fun to read the new beta-testers impressions. When you've been testing for a while, it's easy to lose track of how the game really plays naturally (same problem for the developers I'd guess) and it's fun to see people try the demo-beta with a fresh outlook on it. :)

I'm one of the new beta-testers and let me just say that:

1) contrary to popular belief, the game exists;
2) it's awesome :D

It seems that how it will play depends very much on your character. I finished the first hub as a merchant skilled in Persuasion, Etiquette, Trading (duh) and Disguise, without a single fight, having done some really brutal things to some people via the dialogue choices and stat checks. I also fell for one trick and lost some reputation; won't spoil anything but it's nice that decisions have consequences. Anyway, what I played could almost be described as "choose your own adventure with robust mechanics and LOTS of stat- and skillchecks". I loved every minute of it; the text is also very good.

When you play a character with a different background the game plays differently, of course...

I'm keeping track of this game. I think it's the game that could steal time from other activities, but i can't ignore the fact we are talking for months for a demo.

I know, that many would say, if it bothers you, keep walking pal. The thing is, i want to play this game!

Well it's not really a demo from what I've read, it's actually the first 25% of the game handed out free for people to try, I do wonder how long the remaining 75% will take to complete though.

Daniel.

Back
Top Bottom