The Witcher 2 - Official Reveal in March

Dhruin

SasqWatch
A short message at The Witcher site says official information on The Witcher 2 will be revealed in March:
All those who cannot wait to learn more about the continued adventures of Geralt of Rivia will be happy to know that in March of this year we will hold a press conference during which we will officially present our newest production: The Witcher 2.
We will also divulge some details about the new technology created by CD Projekt RED for the specific purpose of producing The Witcher 2.

More information.

Again, I hope to finish the original before #2 hits. I've got ADD, don't I?

This is good news, sadly the Witcher 2 will take some time until it gets released but then again.. what a game the original was.. what a game.. i could wait a decade for a witcher sequel - as long as it turns out good.

Maybe i'm just crazy but i place the witcher next to my good old VTM:Bloodlines.

Wait ... is this an announcement for an announcement?

(also agree on Witcher and Bloodlines)

Damn I read: "The Witcher 2 - Official RELEASE in March"... I was really excited there for a few seconds until I actually read the article.

The witcher was a great game but I never felt like I was in a live and breathing world. It felt very "moduled" with pretty small areas to explore and closed off sections that would open up later in the game. I hope they open things up a bit more for the sequel. Maybe give you 4 or 5 different areas to explore and do quests in and then if they *must* close things off later in the game when you've explored a bit more of the main quest.

I'm hoping for less rigid terrain/open world as well as a character system with meaningful development choices. That, and a combat system less like Dragon's Lair.

Beyond that, the game seemed truly brilliant.

In my eyes this game bears the task of bringing the medium in a new level of artistic expression. If it turns out like a common watered-down product of a company that suddenly 'makes it big' it will be one of the biggest disappointments in gaming history for me.

Great news , TW was one of the very few linear cRPGs that i really enjoyed .
From the "leaked" videos we saw that Gerard can jump over stuff so hopefully game world will not be very limited or ending in fences .
I hope that they will keep "drunk" blurry vision and animation.

I haven't been keeping up with this as I should, but does this:
We will also divulge some details about the new technology created by CD Projekt RED for the specific purpose of producing The Witcher 2.

mean a new game engine? I think the modified Aurora engine used in TW was one of the main problems with the way the accessibility of things was limited, if I'm not mistaken.

Incredible game. I agree about opening up the world more. I felt boxed in at times. The cities and towns were fine, for the most part, but the countryside and swamp were constricting.

I haven't been keeping up with this as I should, but does this:

mean a new game engine? I think the modified Aurora engine used in TW was one of the main problems with the way the accessibility of things was limited, if I'm not mistaken.

Yes, I'm quite sure that I read somewhere that it's a completely new engine. Which gives me hope that the restrictions from Aurora are gone.

I thought it was an above average RPG and nothing more.

Sorry to depart from Witcher 2 talk, but I'm curious about VtM: Bloodlines. I played VtM: Redemption when it first came out and -- for its time -- I loved it (especially the first "half" of the game). Those of you that mentioned Bloodlines as a fave, could you give me your opinion on Bloodlines "vs." Redemption? (In PM if you don't want to continue my derailing of this thread). Thanks!

Bloodlines and Redemption aren't comparable. The only thing they really have in common is the setting.

Bloodlines is a first person game that uses the Source Engine. Don't expect Half Life 2 with RPG elements, though. It's not easy to explain why I (and many others) love Bloodlines so much. For $20 on Steam, it can be yours. Steam have had some good specials lately, though, bide your time and you may find it for sub $5. I got Psychonaughts for $2 the other day, bargain!

Yes, I'm quite sure that I read somewhere that it's a completely new engine.

Yeah, I think it was revealed amongst the general rumours when RotWW was canceled, though this might be the first time it's "officially" revealed. The engine is neither Aurora nor RotWW's engine, it's actually the one they intended to use with their third TW project (the one that was canceled first), I think originally TW2 was just going to use Aurora again (though with updates, including assets already finished that have now been ported to the new engine).

Don't know much about the engine other than that it's multi-platform, but it's probably safe to assume it'll outperform Aurora. Can't wait for the reveal in March!

Back
Top Bottom