Bioshock - Reviews and Steam

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Bioshock's run of perfect scores has been broken but I don't think 2K will be too disappointed with CVG's 9.5/10. Actually, it turns out to be exactly the same review as the Games Radar one we linked yesterday, both coming from PC Gamer UK - but the score is different. Same review. Different score (thanks, Prime Junta).
In other news, you can now preload Bioshock on Steam ready to activate on the 21st.
More information.

Can't the gaming press even plagiarize properly any more?

I bought one CVG mag 15 years ago. Even then it was total trash. Lots of jokes and pretty pics though.

Finnish "Pelit" magazine made article recently about how game reviewers are oiled to make good reviews. They are given private jet rides, luxurius drinking parties, fun and games and bags full of free stuff to go home with.

That's why the only way to be an honest game reviewer is do a press junket for EVERY publisher, and decide based on the merits of the games (and champagne). Or be poor and honest, but where's the fun in that?

Already preordered/loaded Bioshock on Steam...I was sold before, but the 360 demo might as well have pulled the money from my pocket and handed it directly to Irrational/2k. It turned a rough week of anticipation into a torturous one.

Computer Gaming World, or whatever they're called now, used to be the only truly reliable game review magazine, IMO. I can't believe they dropped their name; I don't even know what their new magazine is called. CGW has been around for probably 25 years and all of a sudden they change their name. Dumb move, IMO.

Computer Gaming World, or whatever they're called now, used to be the only truly reliable game review magazine, IMO. I can't believe they dropped their name; I don't even know what their new magazine is called. CGW has been around for probably 25 years and all of a sudden they change their name. Dumb move, IMO.

They have become Games for Windows: The Official Magazine.

Not to nitpick, (actually that's exactly what I'm doing, just don't want to be too confrontational about it) but this isn't plagarism; not in any way, shape, or form. Plagarism is to legitimate reusing what murder is to homicide - the distinction might seem meaningless to many, but it is assuredly an important one.

Not to nitpick, (actually that's exactly what I'm doing, just don't want to be too confrontational about it) but this isn't plagarism; not in any way, shape, or form. Plagarism is to legitimate reusing what murder is to homicide - the distinction might seem meaningless to many, but it is assuredly an important one.

I am aware, but I couldn't come up with a short quip without using the word. It just seems very odd: We want to contribute SOMETHING, so err... let's change that number here at the end...

more reviews are in including IGN and gamespy so far every review is through the roof the game has a average of 99% !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I am aware, but I couldn't come up with a short quip without using the word. It just seems very odd: We want to contribute SOMETHING, so err... let's change that number here at the end...

True enough - there are certainly 'sister site' deals like 1Up / CGM where they use the exact same thing in two places, but nothing changes there.

Back
Top Bottom