To live or exist?

@SirDeity: not too serious, but I didn't exactly understand what you meant, especially saying that food will not be the thing you miss the most. Also, you mentioned just "going somewhere you've never been before", it was not entirely clear it was supposed to be in a desert with no possibility of obtaining food, money or not. I've read that those guys who have tried going on hunger strike are usually of the opinion that they don't want to die that way, that it takes some serious effort to end one's days like that.

Right... sorry, I've never actually done it I'm just sharing my belief in the matter... and I forgot to mention that it's important that you avoid human interactions because they distract the mind to such an extent that makes this entire thing pointless. Also, once again, I don't honestly suggest anyone do it because it's very dangerous... it's just the only thing I can think of that I honestly believe would work in most if not all cases. The goal should be to eventually realize what matters most to you... nothing else... if you go somewhere unfamiliar and isolate yourself from as many distractions as possible (most importantly from human distractions) then you're chances of succeeding are much better. I suppose different people have different tolerances. And as for the not being hungry thing... I thought that was common knowledge... I myself have gone (guessing as I didn't actually keep track of the days) about a week with nothing but liquids (mostly just water) and eventually the pain of hunger goes away and the thought of eating no longer seems as appealing. I lost about 40 points in around 2 months time... wasn't good but I lived.

Anyway, again, these are just my beliefs based on a combination of first-hand experience, second-hand experience, and studying religions and cultures. I'm certainly not an expert so if it helps to then just ignore the steps I provided... the only really important thing is that you recognize the difference between living and existing in whatever way works for you individually. I'm sure if you were truly desperate for discovering what might enable you to realize this difference that you could easily find sources on the internet from more knowledgeable and much wiser people than I. If you seriously want some help I could dig up some of my old work and try to give you some sources or at least point you in some directions that may potentially be helpful. That'd take me a couple hours though and as currently this thread is just a short-term investment for mild entertainment and discussion among friends on these forums I'd need more persuasion.

Back
Top Bottom