Alpha Protocol - Non-Combat Path

Dhruin

SasqWatch
From Obsidian's tweets comes the surprising news that Alpha Protocol can be completed with killing anyone. Obviously that could mean a number of things and my headline may not be strictly accurate but I look forward to finding out:
Learned yesterday that it's possible to get through Alpha Protocol without killing anyone. That's kind of awesome.
More information.

From what I¨ve seen so far, I´ve found AP´s combat boring.
If I´ll buy the game I might try the non-killing playthrough right away.
Should be interesting.
Hopefully the tweet isn´t too misleading.

It is probably going to be through the use of martial arts, tasers, and tranquilizer darts. I hope there really is a real non-combat way through the game taking the route of diplomacy rather then combat.

It's been said before that the game distinguishes between lethal and non-lethal takedowns, much like Deus Ex. So I would imagine you're still in for some combat - but maybe with stealth you can avoid most, or even all, of it.

Excellent! Looking forward to this more by the day. With DX, the non-lethal playthrough was clearly the most enjoyable one. (The heavy weapons playthrough was a close second, though. KABOOM!)

(I would be a bit surprised if it was possible to beat the game entirely without resorting to violence of any kind -- that would be a bit... bizarre, for a spy thriller. I dig non-lethal takedowns, though.)

It would be great to play a spy where you try to deal with situations through diplomacy and if that doesn't work use stealth. If you need to capture a person you could break in and hack the computers to kill the security system and use chloroform to put the target to sleep. This wouldn't happen until all diplomatic options are exhausted.

It would be great to play a spy where you try to deal with situations through diplomacy and if that doesn't work use stealth. If you need to capture a person you could break in and hack the computers to kill the security system and use chloroform to put the target to sleep. This wouldn't happen until all diplomatic options are exhausted.

That would be cool, yes. Although in my book, chloroform counts as a non-lethal takedown. :)

Alpha Protocol can be completed with killing anyone.
Well, most of the cRPGs can be completed with killing anyone ;)

Anyway that's first interesting info about the game for me and I may have some interest in Alpha Protocol from now on. First lady Malkavian and now no-killing path! :)

From what I have seen of Alpha Protocol I am really wounder how this would work out,,, a no killing path is really cool.... but I am woundering how exactly it would work out in the combat heavy footage we have seen..... will these sequences be skipped completely if you choose a certain path??? or is it possible to just run/sneak past them ????

Definitely interesting news and unusual. I haven't really been keeping tabs on this one, but I'm now intrigued. My interest in this game just went from mild to "scour all info on AP from past news posts".

What's that heavy weapons playthrough you're talking about PJ?

They've already confirmed that sneaking is a viable path through the game, so I imagine that will account for a lot of the "pacifist" playthrough. For the rest, I imagine it's the use non-lethal takedowns, tranquiliser darts and so on.

You will definetely not be able to talk your way through the game.

Innnnnnteresting.

The no-kill playthrough in Deus Ex was kinda funny in how you just kept ignoring some villains in order to elude them, even though they tried to kill you.

In my personal interest-meter, this game has just gained a few points.

Wicked, this is a hell of a lot better plan. We have to break the intention of the game with Deus Ex to do this, even though you didn't have to cheat to do it.

This actually makes me interested in this game which I had decided to give a pass on.

Back
Top Bottom