Hard West - New Kickstarter Updates

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
PlayWay has posted two more updates for Hard West this week. The first update is for everyone on the watch, and discusses the games RPG elements.

A Word on the RPG Angle

The good folks over at rpgwatch.com pointed out that we should highlight the RPG features clearly. Since we have a few.

Please note: I wouldn't dare to call Hard West a full fledged RPG, out of respect for the RPG crème de la crème. (you know what games I'm talking about) Plus, we I won't try to deceive you that it's everything at once.
Then again, it does have enough stuff to put it in line with numerous other games that call themselves RPGs :)
The second update talks about stretch goals.

Stretch goals

a888153c7af5b1ec80390ff0c644a9ce_large.jpg

For one, we'll really push it with EA. That's just $5k away from the base goal, but we really want to do it early on. It's a way of saying: we want it; if you want it too, you can have it.

For two, +2 scenarios, so a total of 8 instead of 6. Some of you have said that you'd wish more scenarios with the same character, so we could try to make a chain of 2-3 scenarios with one hero, and progression carried over. How does that make sense? Leave a comment, let us hear you.

For three, a lot of you have been asking about it.
And before I forget the game has made $47,340 of the $70,000 goal.
More information.

Last edited:
this is Helsing tier game.

No interest in pure gameplay anymore. need some immersion , some drive

Am I reading this right that the game is only supposed to take six hours to finish?

I think I read that the game consists of 6 one-hour scenarios? Doesn't seem to be worth the time nor money

Am I reading this right that the game is only supposed to take six hours to finish?
Your reading it wrong as it says scenarios not hours. If the game only does last 6-8 hours I'm fine with that as it only cost me $10 to get Steam Key.

How can you have character progression if you are playing a different character in each scenario? At least that's the way I read it.

How can you have character progression if you are playing a different character in each scenario? At least that's the way I read it.

Exactly my thought too. I won't withdraw my pledge since tactical turn based is something i want to support, but I'm not as excited about this anymore.

Your reading it wrong as it says scenarios not hours. If the game only does last 6-8 hours I'm fine with that as it only cost me $10 to get Steam Key.

New Wolfenstein lasts the same amount of time, although... It's about 50Gb big so that's probably the price difference. :D

New Wolfenstein lasts the same amount of time, although… It's about 50Gb big so that's probably the price difference. :D
Well I have paid more than $10 just for DLC that offered less. ;)

I actually bought the new Wolfenstein and enjoyed it. Just hate the game engine.

Back
Top Bottom