Notch to sell Minecraft to M$ for more than $2b

Good for Notch. But as an off-and-on-again player of Minecraft, I worry for its future. Will it now become laden with a digital "Minecraft Store"? Will this be an end to the evolution of the game's content with updates? Will Microsoft gradually enforce more rules on private servers?

... or will Microsoft just make a Minecraft 2 XBox exclusive?

Xbone exclusive would seem to fit into their grand plan, now that they've acquired the same rights to the next Tomb Raider.

we'll see it on Win8/9 devices for sure. Its too popular on mobile to ignore. Be very strange not to see it on iOS and Android and letting clones eat up the market share.

Is it worth $2.5b? Is Angry Birds worth that much? How about Zynga?

Don't forget the merchandizing.

Is it worth $2.5b? Is Angry Birds worth that much? How about Zynga?

Zynga offered 2.25 billions for Angry Birds in 2011 (they refused the buyout offer)...

Isnt minecraft allready a squeezed lemon like angry birds? I doubt vita release will generate 2 billion. I just dont see how ms would create billions more. Minecrafts of the spring, summer and fall? Minecraft theme parks? We allready have the minecraft toys I thought no one buys.

My interest to buy x1 rised 0% due to this news so Im wondering why did Microsoft buy Minecraft? With 2200 million they could have developed 22 exclusive 100 million triple-A games for x1.

Good for Hatch, bad for Microsoft imho.

Back
Top Bottom