Mass Effect 2 - X360 Patch

Dhruin

SasqWatch
There's a new Mass Effect 2 patch for X360 players - PC players will have to wait a bit. The most interesting item is "Scanning for minerals has been optimised". Exactly what this means isn't clear:
Hello Mass Effect 2 Xbox 360 players.

This morning a patch for Mass Effect 2 went live on the Xbox 360. This patch contains the following:
  • Scanning for minerals has been optimized
  • Fixed an issue with marking all entries as viewed in the Journal
  • Fixed an issue relating to text and the menu screen
  • Fixed an issue relating to players starting a new game and loading a save
  • Fixed multiple issues when loading a save containing DLC when DLC isn't present
  • Fixed an issue with ammo flashing when it can't be picked up
  • Fixed an issue with crosshairs
  • Fixed an issue with Grunt's Fortification power
  • Fixed an issue with enemies and cover
  • Fixed an issue where players could receive additional talent points
  • Fixed an issue where squad members would overwrite ammo powers the player had assigned them
Currently this patch is only for the 360, but a patch for the PC version of Mass Effect 2 is in the works and we will have details as soon as they are ready.
smile.png
In other ME2 news, Kotaku has an article about helmets in ME2 - and how your choice to keep the armour advantage or see the character remote reveals your inner soul.
More information.

Hm. I've been playing this off and on on the Xbox (haven't finished, though) and have not encountered a single bug.

The only thing I can think of is the female Shepard voice will say "This might come in handy" much, much louder than her other dialog. Not really a bug, just a weird sound level mistake.

Well of course you don't wear a helmet! It is better to look good than to feel good!

This might be the patch I am waiting for if they
- allow more control over mouse settings (damping and acceleration)
- allow changeable FOV, can't stand the current squished up FOV
- ALLOW DOUBLE CLICKS IN MENUS

Serisously it is 2010, all these options should be standard in games...

The only place I've seen those kinds of mouse settings are in the Windows control panels. X3 had the ability to change the field of view but that's the only game I've ever seen with that option. I don't think I've ever even heard of double-clicking on menus.

Most games don't carry over Xbox controller damping and acceleration values to a Windows interface with a mouse.

Lots of games have a FOV setting. Bioshock even had a FOV fix patched in after release because of all the complaints.

You have never double clicked on a selection in a menu? Again ME2 comes with an Xbox UI hangover where you need to make a selection on a menu and then press the OK/confirm button. Much easier to just double click the item as we have a mouse...

Double click... what?

Do you mean double click to use items or something? There are no usable items like that and only other double lick use would be to set unread logs to "read" but they automatically do that when you select them.

I don't know about double-click but both Mass Effect games have "THE" WORST PC GUI I have experienced from BioWare ever. It's ugly, it looks like flash (because it IS flash, Scaleform) "Hello World" project and even though the keyboards are meant to be holographic, they are ugly and generic... well, tbh so is most of the Mass Effect universe.

I played ME/ME2 for story like everyone else. Combat isn't challenging (finishing twice at hardest difficulty while dying like 10 times that too mostly at last level) and the "alien" worlds are just ugly and generic concrete piece of crap which are just designed and destroyed over time only for Shepard (uhh) to take cover behind.

Anyways, still enjoyed it. Can't wait to kick some giant shrimp ass in the final.

I'm bit tired of these idiotic ME2 comments. Helmets... My god, what are they TALKING about?

I haven't encountered any of the issues they mentioned (with the exception of mineral scanning of course). I do hope, however, that they implement at least some basic PC UI standards for the PC version that have been missing since day one.

I'm bit tired of these idiotic ME2 comments. Helmets… My god, what are they TALKING about?

Whatever anybody else says, I too found the helmet thing an issue. If you do decide to wear the helmets, you have the stat benefits, but every bloody cut-scene during missions will have Shepard's face hidden. In a cinematic game like this, where emotion is displayed by facial expressions, I found that irritating. It made me enjoy the story less.

Why is that idiotic?

helmet

helmet removal.

rant on

Why in the name of everything good and decent do you give the players the option to customize appearance and than force the player to never see what they created!
Escpecially since there is an abundance of good dialogues.

Its such a bad design decision that I cant fathom how Bioware came up with it.

This, with the interface, give me the conclusion that they are totally inept at porting.
They should have let the guys from ME , demiurge, do the porting.
Its really subpar.

C
rant off

edit: there is actually groups dedicated to get the helmet issue solved

Last edited:
It has to do with Bioware designing from blueprints, and not a creative source of energy.

I prefer helmets on, but being able to toggle it on and off would be the best option.

Thats the way I played in ME.
walking around in citadel, helmet off, getting ready for combat, helmet on.

C

Except that in ME2, you can't take off your helmet or any armour while on a mission (as far as I can tell). Or at least not everywhere; you need a weapons locker. During missions there is dialogue, too, and I never really could get into those without being able to watch the lip sync.

There's just something about the Power Rangers way of talking with helmets on that I never ever want to see in Mass Effect 2, so I always keep it off, stats be damned. :)

Personally, I find it very logical and plausible that wearing a helmet has some kinds of effects.

I just wished the wearing of a helmet would have negative consequences in talking and in negotiating, for example.
Just because of the lack of facial expressions.

But a number of players wouldn't like it, like they seem to want to play "social-free" roles.

Or what about everybody takes their damned helmet off when they run into people they want to have a conversation with? Common courtesy, people! :)

What was hilarious for me was the first time I met Tsoni in ME2 and she passionately kisses my Shepard.. with his creepy Collector helmet on of course.

Ahh, good old lousy design decisions (what the hell was wrong with not making the characters remove helmet during dialogues? even frakin DA did that).

"Tanks" don't get "personal". ;)

Back
Top Bottom