Project Eternity - Update # 38 - Meet a Developer

aries100

SasqWatch
The Kickstarter Page for this page has been updated witn an interview featuring Lead Animator Mark Bremerkamp. We learn about his eagerness to animate the RPG's many creatures, his inspirations, and also about his day-to-day responsibilities, and much more.
Here's a snip from the interview:
Q: What is your typical work day like on Project Eternity?
A:
First drink coffee then check my e-mail and look to see if there are any meetings that I need to prepare for. Then I usually look over the work from the day before. I like to always go back with a fresh set of eyes to see what worked and then I'll make some notes/changes. After all that I get to animating the fixes or I'll move onto a new animation.
More information.

Update #38?

Isn't 38 the new unlucky number that should be skipped instead of 13 because of KoA fate? :D

Yup, worse update by far. Absolutely pointless except for the brief mention of light spears and pikes in the game.

Update #38?

Isn't 38 the new unlucky number that should be skipped instead of 13 because of KoA fate? :D

Real funny, joxer. The story of 38 Studios is so depressing. And KoA is a fantastic game let down by bad management… :'(

Interestingly enough, a lot of the KoA developers ended up (and still are) working on Grim Dawn.

Lemme put a sticker note on my monitor...

Do not buy Grim Dawn - high possibility of endless mobrespawns.

Lemme put a sticker note on my monitor…

Grim Dawn have always been marketed as a Titan Quest and Diablo like game. Mobrespawns is part of the design since inception.

Lemme put a sticker note on my monitor…

Grim Dawn have always been marketed as a Titan Quest and Diablo like game. Mobrespawns is part of the design since inception.
Lemme make a copy of that sticker note to put in my monitor then

Ermm, yes...exactly. Joxer, you gotta think before you start complaining, buddy :)

I don't suppose there's any necessity for them to make an exact clone of what's been done before. A little creativity in the ARPG genre wouldn't do any harm IMHOP.

I don't suppose there's any necessity for them to make an exact clone of what's been done before. A little creativity in the ARPG genre wouldn't do any harm IMHOP.

Assuming you're referring to Grim Dawn, I agree. Well, it applies to all game genres although I think ARPGs suffer the most from stale repetition. Innovation is crucial.

Grim Dawn does look rather promising based on its feature list: http://www.grimdawn.com/about_featurelist.php

Some interesting aspects include the fact that the abilities of the five classes can be mixed around to form custom combinations (ala Dvinity series). And the game seems to be moddable as well.

So looking forward to it :)

Back
Top Bottom