Grimoire Forever

The biggest problem with releasing the beta, is that it has a MAJOR game stopping bug fairly early on where if you buy or sell with the first merchant you meet, an absolutely essential item in his inventory gets over-written. You get this item after completing a quest and then the entire shareware section of the game is open to you. That's between 10-20 hours.

yay! second that!
you can't begin to imagine how many hours I spent once trying to track that beta, just to touch that game, to play at least some of it.
my friend, with whom we once fought side by side through all of M&M, EoB, LandsOfLore, saw the Grim screens and nearly fainted.

Ah, this world is overrun by malignant menacing stupidity.

yeah i dont think its fair to all oldschool rpg fans to hold out on a such potentially great rpg this long! especially since there are no other ones in development.
either release it, or lets bury all threads on the grimoire topic.
i cant stand being teased any more!

Well, I can assure you its not a hoax....I have it here sitting on my laptop....how he could have not fixed the minor issues is beyond me...what I have played is releaseable.

I agree. I even wrote a walkthu for the shareware part of the game.

So, are we gonna see it or not? He has been totally close to offending gamers by ADVERTISING the release and NOT upholding it, so let's do some justice and RELEASE the beta and NOT advertise the release to him.
(Ok maybe punch him with a warning email just one more time, and THEN release it.)

He's screwed our brains enough. Let's see the game.

Some people just MUST have something to tinker on,
or their whole sense of life will be crippled.

My offer to the maker is this : Release this as the game,
THEN make a second game out of it which provides you with the option to tinker with it further on !

Why not realease the shareware version of the game? I am starting to think the games main objective is about keeping the game from release forever.

Its really too bad, I think by the time he does release it(if he does) many of you will not find the graphics up to standard many of you would like.

I had fun with it for a couple weeks but ran out of time.

PEOPLE, FOR GOSSAKE, CAN SOMEBODY HAVE A LITTLE HEART AND JUST EMAIL ME THE DARNED GAME PLEASE?
Everybody claims to have enjoyed the beta, so WHY CAN'T I?
I deserve it, honestly.:-/

here's my box, just in case:
oleksus at ua.fm

Sorry made a promise, and I keep those.

Good game though...thinking of playing again.....although I do think npc interaction could use a bit of work.

Yeah, that was another thing Cleve wasn't totally happy with, but most of it isn't really essential. All the key clues are implemented.

ok, forget it.
i'll just wait then.
or, better yet, i'll switch to pen and paper ;)

oleksus, put yourself in Cleve's shoes. You would not give a copy of your work to people you didn't know. What would stop them from hosting the copy for all to download? ;)

Got back to working on it some tonight.

Making new splash screen to look like RPG guide with some dice on a table.

New logo coming up to replace the old black dragon with wings spread.

Did some NPC scripting. Some treasure editing.

Will try to update the web site before the end of this month.

Deep underground in a massive fortified complex be
Thanks for the update Cleve. Let's hope we hear a major announcement soon. The world needs to play the game; it has SO much to offer.

It might be a good idea to release the shareware part of the game. It would go a long way toward rekindling interest in it (just watching all the 'OMFG Grimoire actually EXISTS!!!!111' posts would be entertaining in itself), and thus increase the designer's motivation, which seems to be a bit on the low side, in actually finishing it.

You can't separate the shareware section out from the full game.

Wait a moment ? you can't separate the shareware section out from the full game? does it mean the shareware version will have all of the game? but with an optional payment option if you like the game?

Back
Top Bottom