My mother died today

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sorry for your loss, but also happy it felt natural. It's always easier when it's expected than when it's sudden. I remind myself once in awhile that what I have today might be gone tomorrow, and when I do I call whats left of my family and makes sure my wife know I love her.

I'm sorry for your loss, pibbur. Do permit yourself to grieve, whether it was expected or not.

Sorry to hear about your loss.

I'm very sorry for your loss, but as others have said - maybe it was for the best at this point.

All the best...

Thank you all for your comforting posts. They do make a difference.

Today my sister and I went to the hospital chapel to see her in her coffin. Afterwards we put the lid in place and fixed it. I'm glad we did that - she was a bit changed (natural post mortem effects, it's not custom to apply makeup to corpses here), but still looked like mother, and I found her beautiful.

Once again: Thank you all!!

I'm sorry to hear of your loss, Pibbur. Losing your Mom is really tough.

My mom had pancreatic cancer and lost half her body weight before she died. The funeral directors tried to make her look natural but it was mildly horrifying with the makeup and everything. I think your custom of not "making up" the body is more natural. I wish we had chosen cremation.

My sincere condolences Pibbur.

I am so sorry to hear that. Expected or not I know it is hard. My sincere condolences to you and all your family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom