why anyone wants an "assault rifle"

"But, some will say, isn’t a requirement for background checks worthwhile if it might save one innocent life? And what if the requirement might cost one innocent life? Is one innocent life more valuable than another?" - Sheldon Richman from Future of Freedom Foundation

http://fff.org/explore-freedom/article/the-absurdity-of-universal-background-checks/

The statistical eurocomparision, still standing in the room, shake it's head.
*Cough*... Sir! First, I am standing next to you so stop ignoring me, second, that would be thousands to one, not one to one.

The statistical eurocomparision, still standing in the room, shake it's head.
*Cough*… Sir! First, I am standing next to you so stop ignoring me, second, that would be thousands to one, not one to one.

despire all your long winded posts, you couldn't comprehend something self evident: self-defence is a natural right, I choose the most appropriate means necessary. What has this to do with your, the rest of 51% or 99% populous opinion or feeling?

despire all your long winded posts, you couldn't comprehend something self evident: self-defence is a natural right, I choose the most appropriate means necessary. What has this to do with your, the rest of 51% or 99% populous opinion or feeling?

I always admired that most americans retain this basic piece of common sense. I also lament for most of the world it has become an alien notion.

Too bad you are likely to soon lose this right because of Bark Obongo and his LIBRUL cabal of untermenschen.

Was awhile since I heard "natural right". References to a pseudoreligion doesn't change anything.

sure it doesn't change your FACT, the king/queen or the gov/51% GRANTs you the rights.

here is a bit of real Paine for you if can see it.
"Society is produced by our wants and government by our wickedness."
Thomas Paine

A question many may not have considered.

"But, some will say, isn’t a requirement for background checks worthwhile if it might save one innocent life? And what if the requirement might cost one innocent life? Is one innocent life more valuable than another?" - Sheldon Richman from Future of Freedom Foundation

http://fff.org/explore-freedom/article/the-absurdity-of-universal-background-checks/

Hmm, never considered this question, because it's a rather dumb one. Forget the completely loaded question at the end - "Is one innocent life more valuable than another?" Please, save it. The Sheldon Richman's of the world have already made it clear that a few innocent lives are less important than their right to own and bear arms, and they have waded through the statistics of tens of thousands of innocent victims of gun violence to cherry pick the VERY rare cases in which a gun was successfully used in a self-defence situation.

The real wishy-washy part of the statement comes from impying that an innocent life can be lost as easily by the presence of a background check, as by its absence. How does that work, excatly? I can easily see how a background check could SAVE an innocent life (e.g., an individual with a history of domestic violence wants to buy a gun? Individual denied). Please, walk me through an innocent life being lost due directly to a background check being required. Right now, the only situations I can think of are blatently silly (e.g., a person suffers a stroke while filling out the forms for a background check; a person is being hunted and needs a gun RIGHT NOW OR THEY'RE GONNA SHOOT ME!) I'm sure you have a better example in mind and I'm being stupid for not seeing it, but help me out.

Would background checks solve America's obscenely high rate of gun-related deaths? No. Unfortnately, most gun deaths occur due to accidents, owner errors, and plain stupidity. But does the cost of lawabiding, responsible Americans submitting themselves to a background check before purchasing a firearm outweigh the peace of mind knowing John Felon can't just visit the nearest gun show to stock up? Would it be such an inconvience to at least make that avenue of gun aquistion less accessible to those people who (I hope) everyone can agree should not own guns?

Well, thank goodness we can always trust the government and have no need for concern, particularly now that Saint Barack has taken over from those evil republicans. Oh...
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/...ng-data-millions-verizon-users-013542225.html
Guardian writer Glenn Greenwald, a frequent and fierce critic of the national security state’s expansion since 9-11, writes in his bombshell report that:

The document shows for the first time that under the Obama administration the communication records of millions of US citizens are being collected indiscriminately and in bulk – regardless of whether they are suspected of any wrongdoing.

The order, issued April 25 and valid through July 19, requires Verizon to turn over the numbers of both parties, location data, call duration, and other information – though not the contents of the calls.

Ah, as they say, God bless America, cause no-one else would!! :)

just got back from shooting mine - great fun!

Technically the AR-15 that i own is not an "assault rifle", a true assault rifle has a full auto mode and likely doesnt have the restrictions that i must abide by for my california-legal rifle. 10 round max magazine, for example. But things like a collapsing stock for going from long to short range really increase the tactical capabilities of the weapon, and of course, the fun factor.

i just have the iron sights, no scope, and im pretty damn accurate up to 50-100'. They also have an array of targets: everything from zombies, to thugs holding a hostage at gunpoint. Next weekend, we're going to head outdoors and shoot fruit and vegetables. Makes it a tad more fun when you get the splatter effect.

bad part is that ammo is roughly $1.00 a 5.56 round for the rifle! makes things a little expensive til prices come back down. Thats alright, need practice on the handgun anyway as well.

Attachments

• s7_291367_999_01.jpg
    s7_291367_999_01.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Well done, Obummer, well done. Tee-hee.

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/2013-06-25/smith-and-wesson-has-record-sales-cant-meet-demand

Gun manufacturer Smith & Wesson Holding Corp. on Tuesday reported record sales for its fourth quarter and full fiscal year amid a surge in demand for its firearms.

"Although the company continued to increase its production capacity, it was unable to meet the ongoing demand across most of its firearm product lines, resulting in additional growth in the company's order backlog," the Springfield, Mass., company said in its earnings report.

That's more the fault of the NRA and the extreme right stroking paranoid delusions in their weak-minded constituencies… ;)
I get it, but I'd counter that it's more a case of the wildly premature touchdown dances by the gun control zealots backfiring badly. They horribly misread public opinion, mistaking a short-term sympathy for a long-term paradigm change.

Well it's bringing to the front and making a big issue about it. I also blame the "news" organizations making a mountain out of a molehill.

Blame Obama (rather than Congress and its rightwing "leaders") for everything is the same thing as society getting progressively more stupid.

But there is hope for society. Apparently corporate controlled press doesn't represent the beliefs of the country. Their propaganda isn't working...

Congress’ approval rating at record low, Gallup says

Sen. Tom Coburn, an Oklahoma Republican who has said he won’t seek another term in 2016, said the poll result was deserved.

“Why should it be that high?” Coburn said. “Look, we’re incompetent. I think it’s fully appropriate.”

Back
Top Bottom