Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Gameinformer has revealed the next Lord of the Rings game is called Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor, and it's an open-world action game set between The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings.

Link-http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/11/12/december-2013-shadow-of-mordor-67498.aspx

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today announced Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor, a next-gen, third-person action game set in the legendary Tolkien universe of Middle-earth. In Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor, players explore an original story of vengeance and redemption as they take control of Talion, a ranger whose family is murdered at the hands of Sauron and his army the night they return to Mordor.

Developed for next-gen consoles, Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor introduces the Nemesis System, a powerful and dynamic gameplay mechanic that allows players' actions to shape enemy relationships and characteristics to create personal and unique story and gameplay arcs that are persistent even after death. Players experience a unique game every time as the dynamic world reacts and adapts to their choices.

Woah, a new story in Middle-Earth? How on earth did they manage to convince anyone to write new lore? This is pretty much unheard of. I hope they succeed, as I've always wanted games that weren't set in the classic trilogy, but I fear it'll be more like Force Unleashed than Skyrim.

I seem to remember something about the Tolkien estate selling the rights to create new lore without their approval. But this doens't sound new per se, but more details for something already in the lore. Sort of like the Arwen-Aragorn romance details in the movie, but perhaps more extensive.

This sounds… atrocious.
Really? A revived ranger? With some sort of magical, wraith powers? Going after Sauron?

Tolkien is turning in his grave. I mean, I can live with some liberty taken with the canon, but this is just way, way out there.

Guys, you think it won't sell?

Is there a book "milking for dummies"? If not, those guys should start writing a chapter in it. Not the prologue though, it belongs to Blizzard.

This sounds… atrocious.
Really? A revived ranger? With some sort of magical, wraith powers? Going after Sauron?

Tolkien is turning in his grave. I mean, I can live with some liberty taken with the canon, but this is just way, way out there.

I share your horror…. I am constantly amazed by the lack of vision people display when trying to milk…erm….create … new RPGs in middle earth. The setting is so rich and spans ages, and they offer up this kind of shite. Why not leave this age and return to Numenor? Very sad.

I'm willing to wait till its released and I read user reviews before I pass judgement.

Most of time, games that get alot of hype are not that good imo and some lesser popular ones are great.

Back
Top Bottom