Mass Effect 2 - Preview Roundup

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Here's another short list, this time for Mass Effect 2:

...and a sample from the Joystiq piece, with a significant spoiler:
Yup, this was the point in the demo that Hudson prefaced with: "What we're about to show you is actually a spoiler that is from something that we will never show again outside the game." So, consider yourself warned before you read on for the the long answer to: Is Commander Shepard alive or dead?

Our next glimpse into the game opened in the midst of chaos. Shepard's ship, the Normandy, was hemorrhaging flames and metal. Hudson explained that it had been "severely damaged by a new force in the galaxy." Shepard is played as the good captain, evacuating as many of his crew as possible and presumably sacrificing his own opportunities to hop inside the various escape pods along the path. One too many missed opportunities and Shepard is seen cannon-balled out of the Normandy's exploding side, careening helplessly into space, gasping as the last of his air tanks fizzle out. And then, silence.
More information.

Any mention of the DRM on the PC version of ME2? I didn't like being treated like a pirate when I wanted to buy ME.

Nothing yet (internal or external), but hopefully DA's less invasive protection is an indication that ME2 will be similar.

Any mention of the DRM on the PC version of ME2? I didn't like being treated like a pirate when I wanted to buy ME.

Remember that this is still marketed as "on X360" (also on PC at some point)

I noticed that the dialogue seems as crappy as ME1. Still limited to "drag up to be nice, drag good to be mean". Not much of a philosophy there, you can finish all conversations with your eyes closed without reading your options. For me who aren't intrigued by a "borderline psychotic" option, that means "upright" or "right".

That is not true.

Both PC and X360 were announced for "early 2010" in the original PR, Mike.

I'd say EA has shown signs of softening their DRM position, haven't they?

Apologies for not being clear - E3 is a console show ... therefore anything shown is inevitably console-centric and console-focused.

Back
Top Bottom