Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods - Interview @ PC Games.de

Dhruin

SasqWatch
PC Games.de has interviewed Kevaad Abdool from Trine Studios - the Indian team working on Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods. Much of the conversation gives background on the project and Trine, so I'm going to skip straight to the feature set for a quote:
PC Games: Besides new quests and an expanded storyline - what are the key features of the game?

Abdool: As I mentioned before we spent a lot of time evaluating what people wanted. The key features in expansion are: new characters, new weapons, upgraded combat system, new graphics effect ( as I mentioned earlier), and upgraded performance. We did spend some time adding some new quest types to reduce the monotonous feeling you get when playing Gothic 3. We have also added some new abilities to create more options in developing your character. We have added some very intricate systems for calculating damage, stamina, and health losses while in combat. These primarily use character and weapon attributes as inputs, so now players can evolve a character in a way which suits his playing style. And with all our graphical improvements and new story and quest elements you get to experience all this in a great looking game.
Unfortunately, they don't detail the combat changes other than the stat systems mentioned above.
More information.

Well, at least they seem to have a clear understanding of what was wrong with G3. Now if they can actually correct it.

I dunno, I just can't seem to get excited about this expansion. With the idea of the original devs making another gothic-type game, plus the Witcher EE on the horizon, Jason and the Argonaunts, etc... It just seems like too little too late. I'm also a little disappointed that it is stand alone and not integrated into the main G3.

I believe they basically "bring back" the whole old world though. So what you get is pretty much G2NotR, but on one DVD (and not installed on top of the other). From what little I've been able to dig up, it seems they've changed the old world somewhat, and we'll be revisiting locations of the past.

Can't say I'm sure though, but that's just how it seemed to me.

From what it sounds like is this game is set in the same area but it will be different since it is after the end of the last game. An example is that the capital has been rebuilt. You probably play this seperate from the previous game so you won't be doing the main quest from Gothic 3.

Indeed, seems like it's the same game world, but changed (as ten years have passed). I'm guessing the human cities have been rebuilt (not just the capitol), and we get to see how it all turned out.

Sounds very interesting actually, hopefully the combat will be fixed, and the new story/characters will be better than the original.

I'm a gothic junkie so this goes to my buy list nonetheless. I'm not very excited of it at this point, but more gothic is always more gothic :)

Back
Top Bottom