Divinity 2 - Feature Trailer

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
A new feature trailer has just been made available by DTP. The most interesting thing in the video is the release date of fall 2009, which could be anywere from the end of September to December.

Thanks PrinceofDeath.​
More information.

Thanks for the great link, though, I could have done without that narrator (he sounds like he's been watching Agent Smith a bit too much)

First time I heard an announcer voice from a movie trailer ... explaining things, instead of only speaking in superlatives.

JDR13: Maybe. I didn't mind that much, although some of it will probably stay in the back of my head. Sounds like basic background info, however.

Anyway, I've been holding out for the English version so far for various reasons, but this made me reconsider if I shouldn't just go and get the German version after all, especially since the synchronization is supposed to be very good. I didn't mind so much what was being said, but what I saw and heard was so full of splendor that I occasionally had to hold my breath in awe.

All information in the video has been made public before. The only new thing is the fall 2009 announcement. Before that September was mentioned as a release date and at Gamescom Claas Wolter mentioned the possibility of October.

Fall ends in November iirc, still will be nice to see this out in 2009.

I'd been expecting this to be released at the end of September. Hopefully still the case.

I've never really registered this series - would I like it? What's it most similar to?So the German version's out and the English version is due out this year?

I've never really registered this series - would I like it? What's it most similar to?So the German version's out and the English version is due out this year?

Divinity 1 & Beyond Divinity are rather Action-RPGs like with a LOT of great background and sidequests ...

Divinity 2 is ... well, I can't classify it good enough yet, because I'm still not *that* deep into the game.

It *has* quite some fighting, but it also *has* some nice background stuff & sidequests ...

I can't say too much about it right now. Other than the game desperatly needs more polished balancing. This is the most mentioned criticism right now.

You'll most likely have the first and the second patch included ... and if it comes out in October or even Novembr, it might likely include a third patch as well. Depending how much really must be fixed.

The second most mentioned criticism is that it seems to be relatively unoptimized - meaning that weaker PCs with still relatively good graphics cards suffer more than better machines - but that is a theme we already know from other games as well.

Back
Top Bottom