Divinity 2 - Review @ ComputerGames.ro

Dhruin

SasqWatch
It's been a while since we've posted a Divinity 2 review, so here's one at ComputerGames.ro. The article is the mirror of many others, with the author feeling the first part of the game is a waste of time and enjoying the Dragon form part. The score is 70% and here's a snip:
It’s odd how the characters can be so flat, lacking any cultural or political color, but then, when it comes to the hero’s mission, they suddenly get possessed with the all-knowing divine discourse. Many times you’ll get the feeling that you’re walking through a mechanical universe that ignores personal details as long as they’re outside the initial design scope. The consequence is that NPCs don’t react at all to the character’s sex, appearance, or even the decisions you take during missions.
I guess I’ve been spoiled with Dragon Age, where each hero had a very coherent background story and could thoroughly influence the narrative. But I feel Divinity 2 is too superficial when it comes to interaction. At least doing something else with a dragon other than filling the screen with blood is welcome.
More information.

Damn, I had just managed to forget this damned game; I swear, Astroids drew me in more than this one.

This makes me sad. I havent played this game but from what I have seen Im not really interested. Many longtime Divine Divinity fans didnt like it and I LOVED DD1. I will probably pick it up when its 20$ bargain bin price.

Why couldn't they have made another ISO game like the first one!!!

I think it's a pretty good game and I loved D1 as well. RPGs tend to emphasize certain RPG aspects. DA with story. Diablo with action. Ultima with it's world simulation. The part of the review quoted here, I'm not sure why you criticize the game because it didn't emphasize story as much as a competing RPG. D2 is much more 'sandbox' than DA is - and if you happen to like that, it doesn't mean you don't like the story in DA.

I certainly found it worth the money I paid. Replayed it several times due to the interesting character possibilities (in terms of levelling and skills).

If only the last part of the game was more like the first.

Much the same can be said about Risen, really.

If only the last part of the game was more like the first.

I agree. I like the idea of being able to transform into a dragon. I didn't like how the gameplay seemed ot change when you could.

Didn't most people feel if was the other way round? The first part was excellent with some great quests and world exploration. The dragon part is interesting, but I stopped there.

Didn't most people feel if was the other way round? The first part was excellent with some great quests and world exploration. The dragon part is interesting, but I stopped there.

I think that's what I said? ;)

Back
Top Bottom