The Witcher - Director's Cut Info

Dhruin

SasqWatch
The Witcher site has a FAQ on The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut, which should be available shortly. Turns out the Director's Cut is simply a North American release that combines v1.5 and the original uncensored content. Here we go:

• What is The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director’s Cut?
    The Director’s Cut is the version of the game our developers originally intended for you to play. It is essentially the same game that gamers around the world have experienced – now available legitimately for the first time in North America.
  • Where will The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director’s Cut be available?
    The Director’s Cut update will be available from TheWitcher.com and all applicable digital distributors in North America, including Steam, Impulse and Direct2Drive. We will announce the release date in the coming days, but as of that date, people who buy The Witcher: Enhanced Edition from digital distributors will be purchasing the Director’s Cut, as it will replace the existing Enhanced Edition on those sites.
  • Will The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director’s Cut obtained from digital distribution contain 1.5 patch features (i.e. additional adventures):
    Yes, Director’s Cut version of the game will have all features of patch 1.5.
  • Do I need The Witcher: Enhanced Edition to get the Director’s Cut?
    If you want to just install the patch to get the Director’s Cut content, then you do need The Witcher: Enhanced Edition. If you’re just buying The Witcher for the first time (or feel like buying it again!) then you can just purchase the product via Steam, Impulse, Direct2Drive, etc. as they will offer the Director’s Cut as a full product already patched to the latest version.
  • I don’t live in North America or I imported a copy of the game from outside of North America. Should I get the Director’s Cut?You really already have the Director’s Cut if you have the international edition of the game and have installed the 1.5 patch!
  • What is the age rating of The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director’s Cut?
    The Director’s Cut has received an M rating from the ESRB, with Blood and Gore, Nudity, Strong Language, Strong Sexual Content and Violence.
More information.

Can we finally agree now that while the work CD Projekt puts into post-release material for the Witcher is admireable, they way they present it is just plain silly?

Last edited:
What, you mean the way "The Witcher" has become "The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut"? ;)

Still, very good news that we finally get to see the whole thing. I wonder how it is that the game will now be rated M? Didn't they try to use the original content when getting their original rating?

I don't understand, what exactly does this add?

LOL... now, I too can experience breasteses and be a man. Thanks for the explanation

I quit the Witcher. I tried to like it, really I did. I did the first city chapter and burned out on running around the cobbles and visiting that freaking swamp.

Can we finally agree now that while the work CD Projekt puts into post-release material for the Witcher is admireable, they way they present it is just plain silly?
Yes. [minimal character limit]

I loved the atmosphere in the swamp, my only issue was performance. Even on a high-end system I got very choppy framerates in that area for some reason.

Its because the engine they use only support 1 core, all other cores of your computer are just playing cards :D
________
Medical Cannabis

Last edited:
This is wonderful and all, because of course, boobs rule, and I'm very fond of The Witcher and all who made it, but I'd really like to hear something about the next project instead of more new coats of paint on a product that wasn't that bad when it came out in 2007.

I guess I'm spoiled by open gameplay and exploration. I didnt enjoy the combat system really, and the game felt hemmed in. I didnt like the city sections of Baldur's Gate either, so being stuck in the city that long wore me out. The swamp wasnt a good diversion. I know others love the game and it certainly is a high quality product.

Magerette is right. Boobs do indeed rule ;p

Ok, I'll admit it's a little silly, but whatever. If they think they can make some money by releasing the international edition in the states then why not.

Maybe, they're trying to see if it really matters if their product gets into "Wallmart" or if they just can release one version of the Witcher Worldwide. Instead of having the Ken and Barbie version for America while the rest of us gets their inteded vision of the game. This is a big maybe guys, but I wouldn't mind seeing them say FU to Wallmart and their evil culture defining ways.

Edit: Don't stress it Todd. Not everyone loved it as much as most of us did. At least you gave it a shot. Maybe the next one will have a more open feel to it like Gothic. I highly doubt it though if they want to keep the consequence have actions feel of the game. You sorta have to have just one area at a time or it would take an ungodly amount of time to make.

The Witcher has the same problem as Bioware RPG's, it's very linear, you cant take any alternative paths (e.g you cant jump/climb or even swim), there's no fun exploration or item hunting (the later which i LOVE in RPG's). Too bad because i love the setting / idea..

Back
Top Bottom