The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Carry a hireling so Jm isn't so overloaded on healing duties.

If you can, use a hireling who can summon a monster, too !
That is really helpful at times, except when it draws aggro too early.
Because such a monster usually distracts a few enemies, and can even kill one or two at times.

Besides : An odd story about "Diplomatic Impunity" : http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=367984

Most hirelings don't load summon critter spells. Unfortunately in some cases, fortunate in others. In fact I think Flower is the highest level Cleric carrying one and I'm almost certain no Bards or FvS do. I only use Wizards for hitting int runes, so can't comment on them.

I'm not a morning person, so 5am wouldn't work for me; 8am yes, but not earlier, I'd be more asleep than I usually am. :) Trev might be available to fill in sometimes, but he's been working very long hours with his new job. Still, he really enjoys playing with the group so I can ask him. He'd only be available for our Friday session. I'm always home your Sunday evening (my Mon morning), but during NFL season I'm watching the games!! :)

There is another one apart from flower. Remember running through The Claw Of Vulkoor ? He could even summon an Elemental !

But I must admit that I haven't been looking through the list recently.

Did the first crypt of Necropolis 1 today. Received the favour I needed. Yay !

I have accumulated enough Turbine Points now to either buy VON directly or wait until I'm able to buy the The Shroud pack.

And I'd like to buy another collecting bag, too.
But then I couldn't buy either one of both packs.
Stupid situation now.

I hope I can let my fingers stay away from the "buy" button until the next adventure pack sale is coming.

P.S. : On some weekend mornings (local time), I could quest with Corwin, theoretically. Because when it is morning here, it is late night in Australia.

Actually Alrik, when it's morning there, it's late afternoon here; I'm GMT+10. Right now it's just after 8am here for example.

Ah, okay, seems I'm not so much fine-tuned with the time zones yet. ;)

My toons are 14 (cleric) and 11 (paladin).

I can play Friday, Saturday and Sunday evening. I don't think I can finish later than 2 am on Sunday due to work the next day. On Friday and Saturday I can play at a different time.

We don't know how long Azraelck will be on this current shift. Maybe till Summer so it's not like it will be forever. He's playing a lot and can easily keep up with the rest of us even if he can't make the regular play sessions for awhile.

I only have my level 11 pally and level 14 cleric to use at the moment. Since a lot will be happening in the Summer I propose we try to play up some of your toon to 20 before that time. Corwin wants to make a druid and spoke about getting his bard up to 20 for TR'ing. His bard can certainly play with my cleric.

Jm has her artificer and her favored soul. So both can play mid level.

Cm has a lot of toons left behind in the mid range so we should not risk having an incompatible group.

Even if Azraelck can't make the regular Friday evening session he will be around and can play with some of us in between when we're online. So I feel we just have to make the best out of the situation and play together as we have done. We're not only playing once a week together. The whole group is rarely available, but if 2-4 of us meet then we can still have fun. I don't have problems finding pugs for quests I'm left out from and I'm sure some of you can use pugs to keep up.

What you should avoid doing is to spread your play time out too much so you can't keep up with any of them.

I will play my level 11 and level 14 and that's enough to get them to about 20 till the Summer. Then I will TR one of them so I have a low level once the druid is out and we can form a new low level group.

So my suggestion is that you focus on 2 toons you can play up to 20 from now till the Summer. If you play rarely then you might focus on just 1 toon.

We have to ensure we keep the bases covered so our group can do most quests. We might have to drop from elite to hard in session where Azraelcsk is not attending, but we find that out by trying how strong we really are.

I will cover 1 melee (paladin) and 1 healer (cleric). You can post the ones you intend to play up and then we see if there are any holes.

Shift rotation is in July, I'll go on a limb and say the second week most likely. Afterwards, I'll be back on 1st, though if we don't get caught up we'll be shifting again. Hopefully we'll catch up, and convince the idiots in charge that we can stick with the 8 hour shift and get better production out.

I plan on getting up early, so I can (hopefully) go on job interviews before heading to work. The alternative is staying up late, which I could do but it wouldn't be as handy for doing stuff.

I go to my parents on Friday evening and won't be back until Sunday evening. So I can't play Friday and Saturday. I could play Sunday evening if we start after 12am CET (6pm EST).

Monday is a holiday in Norway so I can even start later if you decide to have a Sunday session too.

I propose you run the mid level toons by e. g. doing Ataraxia trying to get them to level 11. It would probably be a good idea for you to play mid level toons during the week when you have spare time even if just 1-2 guildies are online at the same time. Every XP you can muster on your toon will help getting them to 20.

We just have to accept that it will be hard with just the Friday session to get out mid levels up to 20 since we won't have a full group all the time. People are gone sometimes and if that means we have to swap to other toons then the mid level ones will not advance fast enough.

My proposal is that you focus on the mid level ones and if we stopped in a quest chain then you simply don't continue the chain and find individual quests to play. This way the missing person can rejoin and finish the chain.

For the record: My pally completed von 1-4 on elite so you're free on Friday to play von 3-4 to get flagged for von 5-6. It's great XP so you should do it while you can get the bravery bonus. Von 5 is even more xp (you can get 50k if you have the tome and pot going, 40k without), but that's a raid.

My pally still misses shadow crypt (last necro 2 part) and red fens. He's supposed to go to the desert to get flagged for Demon Queen. So you can do all quests you want. If you did shadow crypt I can probably setup a pug and finish it myself. So don't think of my pally when selecting quests you want. He doesn't need anything from red fens. He has the sora kell set already.

We should also accept that we might become a level or two apart. That doesn't matter since we won't ruin the base xp for anyone by doing that. It's only the bravery bonus (10%) we might not get.

My point is that you shouldn't feel guilty playing a mid level up to a level before some of the others. They will keep up when they have time. As long as we select quests that won't penalize anyone then we will be fine. That is what we did last time we played toons till level 20 and it worked.

You just need to think now which toons you want to TR in the Summer. If those are existing level 20's then can play which mid levels you want. If you want to TR the toon you play up then you need to get in enough playing time so the toon is not left behind when we TR next time.

Another thing we could do is to get greensteel items for the ones you want to TR if they are level 20 now. We could use Friday night sessions partly with Shroud (with me as the raid leader) and get the shards of power and ingredients. Then you get very useful items you can use from level 11-12 when you TR. If you lack some other useful items (like the sora kell set) we could use mid levels to farm them out for some of your other toons you want to TR. They're bound to account until you upgrade them.

There is a lot we can do to improve the gear for our TR's so we can run quests on elite with then once they have TR'ed.

In our last group, Dte's Rhogu is not capped, and neither of Jm's characters ahve been capped.

In the case of Jm's two TRs, she's been forced into farming quests because for the most part she is taking xp penalties on everything she runs in our group.

I don't think that worked out great. And if we're not getting the bravery bonus, then there's little reason to run once on elite, just farm normal 3 times much faster and with less resource usage for more xp.

If you pull 2 levels ahead, I won't run with you, period. We agreed when we started this TR group to remain together, being 1 level ahead breaks that agreement, but shouldn't affect questing any. 2 levels and we're talking some being under-level for a quest, or losing the reason to run elite. No.

I definitely agree with keeping our toons no more than 1 level apart and that only because with tomes, etc, some are going a little faster. We either keep together, or as Az says we don't play together. That was a group decision and I plan to stick with it. I only play my AA during the Friday session.

Please keep in mind that my way of levelling is rather odd. My Ranger would perhaps be able to reach level 20 somewhere in the first half of this year, but I don't really know how far my Wizard will make it. I'm going to stick to him, though.

Both are now not too far away from levels 12/7, respectively.
I think the Drow Wizard is rather far away from the next level than my Elven Ranger is.

Within the week I could team up with some of you. I just need to know, but I'll findit out in-game via the guild chat.

Three additional points : I most likely will not be available during the RPC, the biggest role-playing event here. Which is 5th + 6th of May.

Additionally, I won't be available once in a month because of a TDE pen & paper role playing group I'm going to play with. Next date is the 14th.

Once in a month I'm also meeting with buddies for our usual Star Wars fan meting. I'm nowadays going there mostly for the good food, but also because chatting there is fun, too. I think I have more or less definitively (sounds odd, yes ;) ) withdrawn myself from Star Wars now. ;)
But why I write it is this : It takes place usually on Sunday evenings now, but sometimes still on Saturday evenings (as it had been for 10 years now). Which mean that I'll be a bit "exhausted" from the evening (1/2 hour to get home again).

An last : I still didn't "test" the new headset with the group. I'm a bit hesitant, because I fear that I might sound odd or so. ;) I really don't like hearing my own voice. ;) Plus, I'm just not used to do this kind of thing. ;)

If things go right, I can be available the following Friday. I'm not for 100% sure, though.

An last : I still didn't "test" the new headset with the group. I'm a bit hesitant, because I fear that I might sound odd or so. ;) I really don't like hearing my own voice. ;) Plus, I'm just not used to do this kind of thing. ;)
I seriously doubt you'll sound any more odd than the rest of us. Except for me, of course, cuz I sound completely normal. ;)

:lol:

There was once a book a few decades ago.
I heard it was quite a success, then, and my father had it at school, too.

The title was : "How to be an alien". That was in the 50s or 60s, and it was about a foreigner trying to become British. "Alien" in the original sense of the word, then.

There is one magnificient sentence describing the results of the book's protagonist trying to speak English :

"You speak the most excellent accent without the slightest English !"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_to_be_an_Alien
http://www.amazon.co.uk/How-Alien-Handbook-Beginners-Advanced/dp/0140025146
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Mikes
I think/guess it's an underrated classic by now.

Edit : Wanna surprise other players ? ;) http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=368083

Finished the Phiarlan Carnival today. Malicia looks … interesting. ;)

I took a special shield from the end rewards … And now I'm looking into the Wiki what it actually does … Its description says it "absorbs spells", but not that much more (apart from the additional positive effects it has).
It also says that it might become better if it becomes combined with a better shield … Had problems to understand what they meant with it …

Edit : The Wiki says this :

You can change the appearance of the shield with one of two items from the DDO store, the +3 Phiarlan Heavy Steel Shield (Angular Design) and the +3 Phiarlan Heavy Steel Shield (Round Design). Both items cost 150 TP.

Back
Top Bottom