Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Hour of Revenge Trailer

Since I read Icarus Effect, I'm psyched about the game.
Since I learned that fridges can be used as killing machine, loud lockpick, shield and portable cover, I can't wait to play this game with the strength aug.

edited to say that Sariff sound like an ass with his "Some people will be left behind, i's evolution".

Last edited:
I am also quite excited for this. The trailer is somewhat spoilerish though and I was a bit let down by Sarifs "some people will get left behind" line. I hope there will be more to his character than transhumanist supremacism.

There's a leak version.
Those who are playing it are saying positive things. Not the best graphics, but it seems to have some Deus Ex feel.
Good.

Here's hoping the leak will work as advertisement rather than dissuade people from buying it. Early versions tend to be judged rather harshly, regardless of the reality of Alpha/Beta stages.

Here's hoping the leak will work as advertisement rather than dissuade people from buying it. Early versions tend to be judged rather harshly, regardless of the reality of Alpha/Beta stages.
The leak is getting some praised, even in usually "harsh" communities, who bash everything. No this time it's almost unanimous, the game seems to be worthy of Deus Ex name. They know they are playing a preview and expect that some things will work better in the final release.
I wouldn't be surprised if the number of pre orders would rise in the next days.
A lot of positive feedback on this, and it's the demo that most people wanted.

I've had a great feeling about the game for a long time, and I'm happy if my expectations can be met.

It's one of the very few "sight unseen" purchases I'm planning to make, because of the vibe I get from the people behind it. They seem to have found the ever elusive balance of wanting a good return on the investment, and giving the developers the freedom to pour their hearts into the creation.

Pretty rare these days, if you ask me :)

Urgh. From the comments :

Khanez in reply to IriathZhul
Also… sigh.. I hate to be biased, but it IS an Eidos Montreal game. Maybe they don't have american/english animators? They might have (stupidly) been trying to go for a more general approach to facial animation, thus making it mediocre in all languages.

And :

MastaBatang
People complaining about graphics in a Deus Ex game… Yeah, these are the same people who bought Homefront day one. 3 hours long, nothing new, boring story, needed an online pass for the one week people actually played it but hey. It looked good, right?

Another one :

DopefishLives in reply to MastaBatang
Why can't a game have good graphics AND good gameplay? Look at Mass Effect, Gear of War, God of War 3, Battlefield 3, etc. Many games can pull off both, but people continually defend bad graphics in favor of story/gameplay. Why should there be a compromise?

And last :

Toothless_Gibbon

It looks very....yellow.

Fingers crossed they dont mess this up as there are very few other games released around this time that interest me.

Leaked or not, praised or bashed, I adored first two games so I'm getting the third one too. And I can't help myself, sorry. :)

I don't want to add to the emotional unobjective hype, but it certainly looks like the gameplay should be VERY interesting. The environments, not so much.

Back
Top Bottom