Skyrim - On DLC @ Eurogamer

Well from reading that thread sure he is "meant" to die, but apparently you can save him, by slaughtering the guards. So you can go against the game if you so desire. (however pointless in this instance that is)

The real point here is in game you can "try" to change things, unless you look into it online you wouldn't know about your lack of options, therefore the illusion of choice is still there.

I tend to find games like this are more fun the less you research things. :)

Daniel.

According to the official strategy guide you can save him although I haven't found what the repercussions are.

commit a crime before he's executed. I have not tried it to verify.

Sounds good to me. QA monkeys can do the quest fixing while the artists and story designers can get on with new content. I never understand why anyone would want the latter to sit around twiddling their thumbs because they perceive that creating DLC would have any negative impact on fixing bugs.

Do you really think the resources are separable? If so, you clearly know nothing about software development...

It sounds like the first dlc is going to have the missing content that had been planned for the game.

I guess I'm more easily entertained than some. I keep wandering around and picking up interesting quests that way. I ran into a lady who wanted to kill her own mother and I thought that was pretty cool.

I found it :) On a whim I decided to enter the location and got caught up in what happened inside, and made a nice, powerful friend.

If Solitude seemed contrived to some (I don't really agree, I think it's just a story piece that you experience in game), then Markarth and Marthal could change your mind. Some deep dark secrets (respectively) slowly come to light and are very satisfying to contend with. Although Markarth's quest line is pretty buggy it was still awesome and offered choice.

Oh and the guy who starts the drinking competition . . .

Do you really think the resources are separable? If so, you clearly know nothing about software development…

I know plenty about software development thanks, and yes, the resources in a company as big as Bethsoft are clearly separate. I won't go so far as to overtly throw your ignorance insult back at you, but..

In some cases quests reward me with good stories and access to secret places, but most of the time when I complete a quest, I get gold or useless junk. Completing quests in Skyrim is less rewarding than exploration
this. this.

Definitely combine the two. I'll accept a quest and then do several other locations on the way to the quest objective. Turning off the indoor quest markers can make dungeons much more exciting, when you don't know which way to head. There have been several times where a quest objective was 50 feet from the front door and I ended up going to the bottom and having to work my way back :) My character has finally arrived in Solitude at level 32. I've seen how Ulfrig treats non-Nords, so I'm joining the Legion. I haven't spoiled myself on the main quest or the civil war. My hope is to destroy the Thalmor, yet support the legion. Perhaps I can put Jarl Baalgruf on the throne. I need to check into his weird kids first though…..so much to do and I'm on 134 hours with this character.

Over 2000 posts, I can't believe it....

Last edited:
Definitely combine the two. I'll accept a quest and then do several other locations on the way to the quest objective. Turning off the indoor quest markers can make dungeons much more exciting, when you don't know which way to head. There have been several times where a quest objective was 50 feet from the front door and I ended up going to the bottom and having to work my way back :) My character has finally arrived in Solitude at level 32. I've seen how Ulfrig treats non-Nords, so I'm joining the Legion. I haven't spoiled myself on the main quest or the civil war. My hope is to destroy the Thalmor, yet support the legion. Perhaps I can put Jarl Baalgruf on the throne. I need to check into his weird kids first though…..so much to do and I'm on 134 hours with this character.
Very similar to my current play through. I don't have any quest markers active and it plays great :)

Over 2000 posts, I can't believe it….
Spammer :p

I know plenty about software development thanks, and yes, the resources in a company as big as Bethsoft are clearly separate. I won't go so far as to overtly throw your ignorance insult back at you, but..

You clearly do not . QA does not fix things, developers do. Also QA is involved in the testing of new DLC. So obviously they are not separable and you have no idea what you are talking about.

Back
Top Bottom