Dungeons And Dragons 4th Edition

I think it is just a revision of the rules, nothing like going from 2nd to 3rd edition.

I enjoyed certain aspects of 2nd edition more than 3rd edition, especially the attribute system. Getting over 18str was extremely rare unless you had a girdle of giant strength or you were playing as a half-giant. Getting 25 meant you were almost a god in 2nd edition meanwhile it is nothing special (in terms of bonuses) in 3rd edition. 3rd edition certainly has a better class system, I enjoy some of the combinations in allows, although some combinations are a little overpowered.

I don't know how many of you played Magic the Gathering, but it seems to me that WotC is famous for overwhelming their customers with expansions. I last played MtG in 4th edition like eight years ago and I just looked and MtG is up to 10th edition now. That's almost a revision a year and that doesn't include all the expansions.

I gave up on MtG because I got tired of trying to keep up. I played competitively for a while and it just got too expensive trying to maintain my decks with current cards. You could use the same argument that you could always play with old cards, old rules, but no one did. Even in casual games you had to keep up and buy new cards. WotC is just greedy. :)

sure, but there are a lot of people that are always begging for new stuff as well. For all of us who are content with the way things are, there's someone else who's bored to death with it and looking for something new

Back
Top Bottom