After Reset - Species in After Reset: Humans

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
The next kickstarter update from Mr. Nixon of Black Cloud Studios for After Reset introduces us to what species you meet in the game. Here is the first part.

Species in After Reset RPG: Part I. Humans

In this news we'd like to share game lore about the species of the After Reset world. This news is dedicated to Humans.

A species is one of the basic units of biological classification and a taxonomic rank. A species is often defined as the largest group of organisms capable of interbreeding and producing fertile offspring.

IMPORTANT NOTES: Due to storyline limitations, you can choose only Human species for your character in After Reset RPG's single-player mode. Despite that, you will meet a variety of other species during your adventure in the world of the game.

HUMANS:

38a06b4b3c2615a4b7f30800cafe9a15_large.png

Humans are the most diverse and contradictory species in the world of After Reset. Being one of the most adaptable, flexible, fierce predators on the planet, humans easily gnawed their way to the top of the food chain in the Past Age. Along with that, humans kept and developed exalted, soulful life drivers like love, compassion, faithfulness and self-sacrifice; as well as passion, violence, betrayal and madness.

The average human height varies from 5 to 6 feet tall, with an average weight of 125 to 250 pounds. Men are normally heavier and taller than the typical woman. Human skin color varies from almost black to pale white, and the typical hair color is from black to blonde. Human hairstyles show much variety - long or short; curly, kinky or straight. Male humans can grow facial hair that varies from sparse to thick.

During the Past Age, humans overpopulated the Earth. By the count of the United Governments, human population exceeds 17 billion people by the end of 2 B.R. During the Reset, more than 99% of them perished. The human civilization as we know it was destroyed during that apocalypse or the years that followed.

SPECIES TRAITS:
Base HP: 10.
HP per level: 8.
Base Field of Sight: 180-degree.
Base Range of Sight: 300ft (60 squares).
Base Attack Quantity: 2 per round (6 sec).
Base Speed: 30ft (6 squares) per round (6 sec).
Skill Points per level: 4 + INT Modifier.
Skill Points at 1st level: (4 + INT Modifier) × 4.

That is all for today, I hope you've enjoyed reading that lore.

Coming parts of the lore about species are coming (Animals, Insects, Plants, Synthetics, Biomass, Incoeporeals). And according to our tradition, after the end of that small series we'll put those pretty concept arts in HD available to our backers exclusively.
More information.

Human hairstyles show much variety - long or short; curly, kinky or straight.
Talking only about hairstyles there? I hope not. :evilgrin:

Talking only about hairstyles there? I hope not. :evilgrin:
We all know hair is essential to a few buyers. :biggrin:

Larian spoiled me with all the options in their latest RPG game Divinity Original Sin. Now that's the right way to do player customization.

Also happy belated congratulations on getting funded Mr.Nixon.:celebrate:

I cannot wait for this game. It looks awesome.

Thanks for posting, Couch!

joxer, :)

Couchpotato, Fluent, thank you, guys!

Important thing is the chick looks sexy as hell and the male looks macho enough. Now represent that look in 3D models - show them off - and you have won over half the world of buyers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom