JA:Flashback - New Patch Released

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Last edited:
Vielen Dank, the German localization is not the most important thing, but the game is getting better with every new release.

Vielen Dank, the German localization is not the most important thing, but the game is getting better with every new release.

Yeah, I agree. And I truly hope that by XMas the game will be well polished so Full Control can score some much needed sales, so in the near future they may create a nice TBS game, hopefully in the vein of Jagged Alliance. And maybe one day they will create Jagged Alliance 3.... With the proper Kickstarter campaign and someone willing to invest money and time and talent I believe they would pull it off.

Full Control must stay away from TBS. They had two chances, and ruined both. I'll be happy with them working on some FPS or some RTS things... TBS games do not need this bad rep from incompetent developers.

Full Control must stay away from TBS. They had two chances, and ruined both. I'll be happy with them working on some FPS or some RTS things… TBS games do not need this bad rep from incompetent developers.

Ruined both? I though Space Hulk was decent enough, the problem there was rather that they stayed to close to the tabletop rules, which weren't that fun to begin with...

Space Hulk is that one other game GW cling to.

Just lately, they issued a limited fourth edition product, in a two one week wave, everthing sold out.

It is also an old game that was designed from atmospheric influences, leading to find gameplay mechanics to suit the goals. It is very different from today's approach that is mostly about dressing the absence of gameplay with conceptual design.

Space Hulk, the PC last iteration, is mediocre at best.
Things that work perfectly well for a board game requires work to translate in a PC game.

Usually, board games leave things to the imagination, reporting the suspension of disbelief to the gameplay mechanics.

The PC game? It provides poor filling to what the board game leaves to the imagination.
The tension is evaporated when Space Hulk is a game about tension. The animated sequences destroys the opposition between a terminator squad relying on extreme cohesion to survive and the genestealers flooding the place steathly.

Back
Top Bottom