Witcher 3 - 16 Free Dlcs for Everyone!

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
CD Projekt Red announced on the The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt webpage that every buyer of the game will be getting sixteen free dlcs on the games release.

Open Letter from Marcin Iwiński, co-founder and Joint CEO of CD PROJEKT RED.

“We love games. We love collecting them, playing them, and everything connected to that experience. Every time we reach out for a new release, we expect to be taken care of. We expect support if we encounter any problems, we love updates constantly improving the experience, and we feel really special when we receive free content that gives us more than we initially paid for. It doesn’t have to be huge, it can be an awesome skin for a character, or an extra sword, or armor.

Unfortunately this treatment is quite rare these days. As gamers, we nowadays have to hold on tight to our wallets, as surprisingly right after release, lots of tiny pieces of tempting content materialize with a steep price tag attached. Haven’t we just paid a lot of cash for a brand new game?

As CD PROJEKT RED, we strongly believe this is not the way it should work and, with The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, we have decided to do it differently. Cutting to the chase, everyone who buys Wild Hunt will receive 16 specially prepared DLCs absolutely for free, regardless of platform. You don’t have to pre-order, you don’t have to buy any special edition to get them -- if you own a copy of Wild Hunt, they’re yours. This is our way of saying thank you for buying our game.”
More information.

Take note EA and Co.

I already pre-purchased the game for PC and I am buying it again for PS4 to support CPR.

Take note EA and Co.

I already pre-purchased the game for PC and I am buying it again for PS4 to support CPR.

I'm just waiting for the Wii U version, as any truly hardcore gamer would.

Just awesome. I love the slap in the face for every big-name publisher. Greedy f-ing bastards. I know they're just capitalizing on their good reputation, but they deserve it. They're among the only developers who aren't nickel-and-diming us at every point.

And this in the wake of Destiny's Bungie getting caught with DLC they're selling, that was on the disc of the standard game. And their explanation: they want to help gamers save time/money by not having to download it themselves. Oh goody. Thank god for them looking out for us. We'd be in trouble without our own guardian angel having our best interests. Bastards.

I've already bought the GOG version of TW3, and also pre-ordered the Collector's Edition, also just to support CDPR.

What is the point of shipping content separately then? Just include it with the original game, it doesn't make sense.

What is the point of shipping content separately then? Just include it with the original game, it doesn't make sense.

They're just full of shit. They want to charge for DLC, and sooner or later (if not actually already) they're gonna chop the game in little pieces and sell you the base game, and then sell you every other piece separately. Maximizing profits.

Bleh. I hate DLC:s. The content is mostly superficial and adds stuff that makes the game worse rather than better. For example extra strong equipment as a starting character. Also, like danutzplusplus I believe this is just a marketing ploy.

*Fights the bitterness by thinking hard on the next DLC for Mount and blade Warband which actually looks like quality fun*

Last edited:
They already have 16 DLCs ready months before release?

Bleh. I hate DLC:s. The content is mostly superficial and adds stuff that makes the game worse rather than better. For example extra strong equipment as a starting character. Also, like danutzplusplus I believe this is just a marketing ploy.

*Fights the bitterness by thinking hard on the next DLC for Mount and blade Warband which actually looks like quality fun*

Marketing ploy, but they're giving it away for free. Any other publisher would have held that content for ransom, and milked it like it was nobody's business.

I'd rather pay for all 16 DLCs if I could download them at release. ;)
Or I'd rather pay €70 for the game if the content was included in the base game.

If the content of the 12 DLC's somehow is significant (hairstyle isn't), I'll wait for all DLCs to be released before playing.

Anyway, if that's what it takes to put pressure on EA & Co, I'm fine with it.

At last count there are 37,000 DLCs over at Skyrim Nexus for free :) Will Witcher 3 be moddable? If so, I don't care how many DLC get released the community will do better. I would give Dragonborn up for Vilja, Hearthfire up for SkyUI, and Dawnguard up for Falskaar, and two of those are great DLCs. If I could mod Geralt the Geriatric to look like Angelina Jolie, then I'm a happy camper :D

At last count there are 37,000 DLCs over at Skyrim Nexus for free
True.
But then how many of them were made by Bethesda? For all I know Bethesda wasn't even capable of patching their game properly.

Thumbup CDprojekt! This goes instantly into my sig on Sims 4 forums. :evilgrin:

Well done as always CD Projeckt Red. The DLC does not necessarily mean cut content, but continued development and support by a competent team, and continued revenue (from selling the game as a whole, not bits of it).

Already pre-ordered the retail edition, which will be released in time when I upgrade my 6 year computer.:)

Hmm. I can't find the recommended specs on their website. Anyone know? I may buy this day one just to support them, even though it will probably be a bugfest.

Sorry Thrasher.
Min/rec requirements won't be known till next year.

Back
Top Bottom