Two Worlds II - Review @ IGN

My point is Bethesda do not count on mods to make their games good, the core games of Morrowind, Oblivion and Fallout 3 were all highly praised and sold extremely well on the platforms with no mods at all. The vast majority of people playing their games do not mod them one little bit.

Not saying we should agree with those people, I am just speaking in terms of what makes the games popular… it ain't mods.

Well I can agree with that but it is a shame you cant mod the consoles due to Sony and Microsoft's rules for downloads. You would would have to pay for them. I feel sorry for them because the mods fix a majority of the games problems and they don't realize it.

@Dhruin/DoctorNarrative

Wow, voices of reason regarding Oblivion? Must be still sleeping :)

I personally thought the game was a disappointment after Morrowind, but I am also realistic and know that the things I value in an RPG are not the things mainstream gamers value in an RPG. While I focus on writing, depth and choice and consequence most gamers favor accessibility, fun combat and the ability to do what they want without roadblocks.

Anyone who says Oblivion is a bad game is speaking with bias. It might be a bad game for THEM, but in general it is a brilliant game designed from the ground up to be extremely crowd-pleasing and successful, and it accomplished that goal many times over.

In short: all signs point to his being the shooter gaming style — press on and on, never look back. The worst possible choice for open world game tbh.

My worst thought : Maybe he - or someone ion the staff delegating this review to him - had mistaken this game for kind of a shooter ?

Second thought : Is this "shooter playing style mentality" result of ME & ME2 or of similar games ?

I spent FAR more than 14 hours just on the first chapter of TW2!! Anyone who reviews after such a short time is being totally unfair to the game and should be locked in a room with nothing but Dungeon Lords to play for the next 12 months!! :)

I enjoyed Dungeon Lords, I however did not finish it due to a bug. I'm wondering why no one can mod it and fix the bugs/add content. 12 months of playing it might be a bit brutal though. I still have Two Worlds II to play but the reviews are not looking good...I might get it anyway.

Some games are maybe well done for their genre but do not appeal to certain people
I cannot stand the Dawn of Wars games, I find the dialogue cheesy and horrible and some of the missions are so short I can't help but feel it was rushed. In spite of me the game has a loyal following. Its just not my cup of tea. No matter how much I try I can not make my self like it and I do like RTS games in general. Just not that one.

I think you have the same problem with this reviewer, not his kind of game. It is a bad review and you can tell he barely played it. Its a 8.5 for me but I like MP and most of my time has been spent there.

Back
Top Bottom