Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition: Interview @ RPGFan

By ambient sounds I was more referring to background sounds. Such as the crunch of grass under your feet, the howl of the wind, animals or monster in the distance or sneaking up behind me, waterfalls and rivers, rain, etc, etc.

All those sound greatly enhance immersion for me, whereas the music breaks it.

It's not like my thief is carrying an iPod after all.

But he's carrying an instant teleporter and savegame device? ;)

You said you could count good music on 1-2 hands. Unless you have 50 fingers on each hand, then you're certainly missing some great examples.

i just have a higher standard than what you happen to have, that's all. Repeative music gets to me first in a game, especially in games that doesnt happen to have very good music (~90% of all games in existance ;) )

i just have a higher standard than what you happen to have, that's all. Repeative music gets to me first in a game, especially in games that doesnt happen to have very good music (~90% of all games in existance ;) )

You probably have different standards, but calling them higher is a sign of having lower ;)

When the music in a game is good it can have a dramatic effect on my enjoyment of the game.
I just started playing Icewind Dale II and the epic music in the first town had me thinking, move aside Russell Crowe I'm the star of this adventure lol.

You probably have different standards, but calling them higher is a sign of having lower ;)

Yes, it's not like i would say Justin Bieber and/or the latest "Smurf Hits" is in any way "low standard", it's just.. "different". Same thing in games. Some music is "different" and not at all, in any way, just "shitty".
smiley_trollface_by_mirzjiles-d3cz0m6.png

Yes, it's not like i would say Justin Beiber and latest "Smurf Hits" is in any way "low standard", it's just.. "different". Same thing in games. Some music is "different" and not at all, in any way, just "shitty".

That's right - people have different tastes. I know you probably like to consider your own taste superior, but you probably won't have much luck trying to prove it.

There's no objective measuring stick for such things.

But knock yourself out believing you have higher standards than people who don't share your tastes ;)

There's no objective measuring stick for such things.

Well no, it's just a standard :) It's not something you can "measure" really, that's completely true, so let's leave it at that.

Of orcs and Men has great sounds. really impressed

as Carn said, I would like that games buy rights to put some known music in them, instead of hiring orchestras and composing. Also I'd liek them to add identities of NBA players.. or at least a brad pit ..

as Carn said, I would like that games buy rights to put some known music in them, instead of hiring orchestras and composing. Also I'd liek them to add identities of NBA players.. or at least a brad pit ..

Ugh, god no. Leave the marketing and inevitable Top 40 out of my gaming.

VtM:Bloodlines did have one the best soundtracks of all times. One that even freaks that actually hung out at the types of clubs portrayed in game admitted was good. :)

Back
Top Bottom