Grimoire Walkthrough

Deep underground in a massive fortified complex be
My son Cooper is the first tester to be doing a complete walkthrough of Grimoire other than me in the past 17 years.

Until I get a new site up for Grimoire, he's going to be blogging about it here:

http://grimdarkly.wordpress.com/

He's just doing a leisurely stroll end-to-end in the game to see what he can find and give me advice on play balance. He's already suggested a number of small changes to make it more enjoyable.

Ack! It's alive! Get the stakes and silver bullets!

"“Where the hell are we?” Chuck Norris asked."
Oh my.

Alive? Only if the constant mention of something by one of the internet's craziest dudes means that something is 'alive'.

If either Cleve or Chuck Norris is a playable character, count me in.

....er Cleve, I've done 2 complete walkthroughs of Grimoire in the past few years!! Roger has also I believe. Now, will it work under Win 7?? :)

cool good to hear, I was wondering what was happening with the website down
cheers

Corwin, does that mean you have been receiving new versions in recent years?

No, but I played the pre-beta and then the beta. I also wrote a walkthru for the first (shareware) part of the game. After that it opens up massively and there are multiple ways to progress.

Is that fan fic the "walkthrough"?
Also, his "son" posts a lot like Cleve. I guess that's possible.

I honestly believe my son has the potential to be a better writer than I ever was. That's why I am encouraging him to write freely and naturally just for the practice. You notice his style is simpler and less contrived than mine, which tends towards overstylization and hyperbole. Cooper could honestly be a superb writer with enough practice.

..it's when "mother" starts posting that things get real crazy :biggrin:

Nice to see some screenshots, but we're ready to play it already!

Cleve old buddy,you still haven't answered my questions about Win 7 and call me sometime unless you've managed to lose my phone number, it hasn't changed!! :)

Whats the use of such a blog though (I mean apart from baiting the Codex)? The only thing that can revive interest in this game is a release.

We could always re-post the interview I did with Cleve about 5 years ago!! :)

Cleve old buddy,you still haven't answered my questions about Win 7 and call me sometime unless you've managed to lose my phone number, it hasn't changed!! :)

We tried to test it on Windows 7 64-bit about three weeks ago and it kept crashing the instant you moved the mouse. I suspect it is a 32 bit redirect pointer in the graphics library doing this.

Will probably leave this until the bitter end as a system fix, obviously it has to run on Vista and 64 bit machines. Otherwise, (with character input only) it runs fine on Vista. It's just the mouse that is screwy. I am sure it will be relatively easy to repair when we get around to finalizing the game.

There may also be problems with incompatible DirectX libs for the sound and music, but this too should be easy to remedy. It will have to wait until the game is thoroughly polished on the 32 bit platform.

Whats the use of such a blog though (I mean apart from baiting the Codex)? The only thing that can revive interest in this game is a release.

My son has repeatedly asked me if he can blog his walkthrough. He has been trying hard to get me motivated to finish the game and wanted to keep a journal of his experiences playing. All the initiative came from him, he just asked permission to put it up. He also asked me to link to it from RPGWatch when it was ready.

I didn't put my son up to it, I have been really busy lately with many other things.

The average person may believe I simply sit by the tennis courts working on Grimoire with a lemonade in hand, but the truth is I have approximately 3 major projects underway at present (IPhone/Android game, cross platform Vault-OS, SVG HMI interface on dedicated server) in addition to full time work as a contractor 5 days a week. Of course, I also have a gigantic Black Mesa/Cold War complex I have to maintain by myself (food packing/rotation/wiring/automation/disinfection/environmental management) on the weekends and in addition work on any of 4-12+ custom embedded electronics units I am testing in my study at any given moment. I plan to start building my portable hydroponics lab soon, been gathering all the components as of late. Nothing much on, otherwise.

Fair enough. As long as he doesn't have expectations as to the reception.
Thanks for the reply, but all in all what you write still just makes
… and you thought it would never be finished!
Only seem more likely. Which is where most of us stand, right now.

Back
Top Bottom