Risen Steelbeards treasure quest

mastorofpuppetz

Watchdog
I found Steelbeards treasure, gave the nautical map to Romanov to save Patty. When I talked to patty, she wants me to intercept Romanov at the tunnel into harbour toe\wn before he leaves to get the map back, but he never shows, is this a bug? Anyone else get this or am i missing something?

I've heard others complain of this as though its a bug on other forums. I personally killed Romanov after opening the chest before finding Patty. I guessed correctly where she was being held.

Happened to me as well. To get him to spawn, I walked all the way back to the tunnel where the treasure was located, then back again to the harbor (took quite a while). He was there the 2nd time I showed up with Patty.

Happened to me as well. To get him to spawn, I walked all the way back to the tunnel where the treasure was located, then back again to the harbor (took quite a while). He was there the 2nd time I showed up with Patty.

I did this and he still isnt there, driving me nuts.

I have found this to be the case in large portions of quests across the game. Inconsistency, bugs, and sometimes illogical outcomes to discussion topics. I believe it is just stuff that made it past QA when they were testing, and should end up fixed in patch(es).

One of the reasons I had to restart my last Warrior-oriented game (which we discussed in another thread if you recall), was that the oldest save I had (before leaving the swamp), would not let me advance in my quest to get the 5th sword piece. I was essentially stuck in 4-5 of the Don's quests, and being a completionist it meant starting over gained me more. Had those quests not been either broken or buggy, I could probably have used it and continued on.

Just one reason the spoiler forum helps with newly-released software while it finds time to sort out a patch.

I have found this to be the case in large portions of quests across the game. Inconsistency, bugs, and sometimes illogical outcomes to discussion topics. I believe it is just stuff that made it past QA when they were testing, and should end up fixed in patch(es).

One of the reasons I had to restart my last Warrior-oriented game (which we discussed in another thread if you recall), was that the oldest save I had (before leaving the swamp), would not let me advance in my quest to get the 5th sword piece. I was essentially stuck in 4-5 of the Don's quests, and being a completionist it meant starting over gained me more. Had those quests not been either broken or buggy, I could probably have used it and continued on.

Just one reason the spoiler forum helps with newly-released software while it finds time to sort out a patch.

Baloney, i have played through the game 3 times, not one bug other then this quest, the game is rock solid and very bug free considering the scope of the game, and compared to other games in its genre. Even reviews state how stable and bug fre (Relatively) the game is, especially comapred to the likes of Fallout 3, Gothic 3 and others in its genre. With a game of this scope there are going to be bugs, but, they did a great job.

Risen's engine is much more stable than a game's like Fallout, but the number of bugs associated with quests at the game's launch is much higher than Fallout's was. Point in case - the "main" quest in the Bandit camp where you talk to Sam, and can tell him that "Brogar has been dealt with", even though he clearly has not… breaks that section of the quest.

Anyhow, I digress - you're clearly a diehard fan who doesn't want to see problems with the game, which is your choice. I choose to look at it objectively as an old hardcore gamer who likes certain styles, and who dislikes bugs - when I can't play a certain way (i.e. the class I want) or I run into bugs that break primary quests, I notice it.

Note: I find it humorous that you yourself said "Must be a bug or something, errr", and then go and claim the game is virtually bug free. The game does have issues with certain quests when the player doesn't do things in the right order, or as expected. I'm not knocking the game, but it is far from a "1-bug game".

Risen's engine is much more stable than a game's like Fallout, but the number of bugs associated with quests at the game's launch is much higher than Fallout's was. Point in case - the "main" quest in the Bandit camp where you talk to Sam, and can tell him that "Brogar has been dealt with", even though he clearly has not… breaks that section of the quest.

Anyhow, I digress - you're clearly a diehard fan who doesn't want to see problems with the game, which is your choice. I choose to look at it objectively as an old hardcore gamer who likes certain styles, and who dislikes bugs - when I can't play a certain way (i.e. the class I want) or I run into bugs that break primary quests, I notice it.

Note: I find it humorous that you yourself said "Must be a bug or something, errr", and then go and claim the game is virtually bug free. The game does have issues with certain quests when the player doesn't do things in the right order, or as expected. I'm not knocking the game, but it is far from a "1-bug game".

BWHAHA wow, fallout 3 was and still is full of bugs, and crashes so is Oblivion, stalker, hell, even linear shooters and console games (Batman: Arkham Asylum, even madden, etc..) have quite a few bugs at launch. Did i say there were not problems? Can u read? But, this game is very stable and bug free compared to most. Reading is an issue for you, I never said it had no bugs, just that it had a small amount compared to games of its like on the market.

How long have you been gaming? This game is a model of stability compared to gaves released, especially on PC, the last couple years.
Expecting a game like this to have no bugs, is you living in dream land, especially a PC game. Taht game does not exist.

Do u normally pull facts out of your butt? Lets see your facts about the number of quests bugs compared to fallout 3? I suggest you go to the F03 forums, after 7, yes, 7 patches, the game still has issues, on PC and console.

On top of this, you have a small budget developer, with limited resources making a large open world RPG of this scope, when devs with ten times the resources and backing cannot make a game without bugs. I think you need a dose of reailty.

Last edited:
How long have you been gaming? This game is a model of stability compared to gaves released, especially on PC, the last couple years.

Don't say you didn't ask…

I've been "gaming" since Pong came out on the very first consoles, when I was around 8 years old. That was around 1976, before the internet even existed, before moon boots made an appearance on the scene, when rotary phones were still in use in homes, and well before the term "computer" made a household debut. Since then, I've kept gaming and computers as both a hobby, and a profession. I own my own computer business, and play/review games for fun. That firmly puts me in the area of "gaming expert" when it comes to virtually all games in the last twenty+ years. Consoles, FPS, RPG, MMOG.. I've played so many I've lost count.

As for reading comprehension - you're a bit lacking my friend. I clearly indicated that Risen *was* more stable a game than the others, but *still* had more problems in the area of quests.

As for Bethesda - I'm more in tune with them than you realize. I've been modding for the TES series since Morrowind made it's debut, and know just what their level of quality is. Since Oblivion would be a clear winner in terms of "which other game to compare Risen to", it crashes far more (as I inferred), and has far less quest issues (mostly because they aren't as tightly integrated nor as linear as Risen's are).

I think I'll bow out of this topic, since you seem to be far too interested in winning every point on the forums that you discuss, and it would simply go bad were I to continue discussion with you. You've rubbed a few people the wrong way, including me.

Back
Top Bottom