DO NOT INSTALL nvidia 364.47 driver

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
There are numerous reports all over internet that depending on hardware setup for unknown reason the latest driver causes BSOD, unbootable windows, black screens and etc.

So far seems that the problem is not the driver content but the "express" option in installer:
http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4054
Initial investigation suggests the issue is related to doing an "Express" installation. We suggest those willing to try this driver use a Custom -> Clean Install installation.

Better safe than sorry, just don't install the latest driver at all and wait for the next update.

If you installed it because you like to keep your PC updated and are now experiencing problems, probably the best thing to do is thorough removal of it's files before installing an older driver version. The util to remove any GPU driver completely is:
http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Funny I see my computer say there is a NVidia update quite often, but I learned years ago not to install them because they seem to mess up any older games I have on my computer. I'm probably using the drivers that came with this pc still.

Thanks for the heads up. As a long time user professionally and privately I like to stay a version or two behind the bleeding edge of software releases if I can. Helps to avoid these types of problems.

I always use the custom install option anyway. That being said, I only bother to upgrade my video driver a couple times a year; there's really little point unless you buy into bleeding-tech games which, with my backlog, I typically don't :p

Yup, many confirm that the new driver 364.51 corrected the issue.

Back
Top Bottom