Divinity: Original Sin II - Kickstarter Starts Aug 26th

Gorath

Prime Evil
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Larian officially announces Divinity: Original Sin II and a Kickstarter campaign for it.

Divinity: Original Sin II Coming to Kickstarter

Vote for Your Favorite Rewards

Prototype Playable at PAX Prime

Larian Studios today announced its most ambitious RPG ever - Divinity:Original Sin II, the sequel to “Gamespot’s PC Game of the Year,” Divinity:Original Sin.

Eager to involve the RPG community as early as possible, Larian Studios will be returning to Kickstarter on August 26th.

Fans can now suggest which rewards they would like to see offered during the Kickstarter campaign by voting and offering feedback on www.divinityoriginalsin2.com.

A prototype of Divinity: Original Sin II will also be playable at PAX Prime, highlighting some of the game’s unique features!

In addition to being among the first to go hands-on with Larian Studio's upcoming RPG, attendees will have the chance to meet the developers and win (some very cool) prizes.

Come meet us at PAX Prime in Booth #6011.

More information on Divinity:Original Sin II will be unveiled on August 26th!

Vote for Kickstarter Rewards and Sign up for Updates Here
http://divinityoriginalsin2.com/
More information.

If I knew how, I'd post a GIF that demonstrated my utter excitement about this. The day after seeing Insomnium at Gramercy Theater? man, things don't get any better than this.

Will wait until I've played through D:OS Enhanced before getting excited. :)

D:Os was for me the best kickstarter i supported and one of the best rpg ive played - i will insta pledge - expecting Larians " RPG that will dwarf em all"

There it is.
Instapledge. :D

best news ever. i hope they stick with the same engine and just run with that with years and years of content.

Fantastic, and they're even sticking to the formula that worked. That being said, I really did adore Dragon Knight Saga.

I really want a Divinity: Original World Idea.

But hey OS2 will probably be another good RPG.

Backed

I missed out on the D:OS kickstarter. I won't make that mistake again.

How much should I pleg is the only question. Oh! More puzzle that are not hand feed to us please.

best news ever. i hope they stick with the same engine and just run with that with years and years of content.

That's pretty much confirmed. One of the German print mags wrote that Larian will save a lot of work on fundamental things (meaning engine, interface stuff, core game mechanics). According to them Larian even thinks it's 60% less work. This will be used for gameplay improvements and polishing.

It's also safe to assume that a lot of stuff for D:OS EE was really meant for D:OS II.

I'm yet to play Original Sin and I'm waiting for EE, but what I've seen of it makes me excited for the sequel.

Swen blog post:
http://www.lar.net/2015/08/12/returning-to-kickstarter/
Hi Everybody!

I’m so glad I can finally talk to you about this! It was getting hard to talk about what we’re doing without actually saying what we were doing, so I’m really relieved that it’s finally in the open and that I can share my excitement for this.

In case you missed it, I’m of course referring to our recent announcement that we’ll be returning to Kickstarter with Divinity: Original Sin 2; our biggest and most ambitious RPG to date — one that will either sink us, or go on to be remembered as our best game ever!

CoverBox_LAST_Kickstarter-TWITTER-FACEBOOK-2-1-1024x512.png

We’re saving the announcement of all the features for when the Kickstarter campaign launches on August 26th, so I won’t discuss those just yet. Instead, I thought I’d talk a little bit about why we’re returning to crowdfunding, and what our hopes and aspirations are…

Edit: lol haven't realised you posted it already.

That's pretty much confirmed. One of the German print mags wrote that Larian will save a lot of work on fundamental things (meaning engine, interface stuff, core game mechanics). According to them Larian even thinks it's 60% less work. This will be used for gameplay improvements and polishing.

It's also safe to assume that a lot of stuff for D:OS EE was really meant for D:OS II.

D:OS is the first game I pledged on KS and I will pledge for this one too however I am wondering why do they need to go to KS again given the above? Do they not have enough money to self fund this?

D:OS is the first game I pledged on KS and I will pledge for this one too however I am wondering why do they need to go to KS again given the above? Do they not have enough money to self fund this?

All explained on Swen's blog.

I don't think it is about money this time; I think it is about fan participation.

Back
Top Bottom